News Article: SEC Foobtall Uniforms Ranked 1-14

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
This is a joke. I looked at the top 3 and they wouldn't make my top 5. If this is the best Clint Switzer can do, he needs to take up another profession.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Somebody needs to tell this yahoo that the "Pride of the Southland Band" is Tennnessee's band not Ole Miss's. While I do agree that auburn's unis are okay, I cannot get beyond the orange. Mizzou unis looks like 1960's softball uniforms.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
He used old pictures for some teams and failed to mention the tweaks teams have made.

Mizzou? They have the most uniforms in the conference, some of which are quote ugly.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
My high school football team were Tigers. For years we were basically just blue and white with blue helmets, (there had been a period in the past where it was blue and gold). One year the coaches went with red, orange and blue stripes, which I thought looked to much like Auburn and I threatened to quit the team over it.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Troll piece. I still can't count Mizzou as SEC. I would put their unis below 7. And Auburn? Que?

And no disrespect to Tenn, but Arkansas uniforms should be dead last. They look like expo unis forced on a high school team by the equipment catalog.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I have to admit I kind of like the Missouri unis. I dislike any uniforms with orange as a primary color.
Most SEC unis are OK, but I love our tradition of keeping the uniform without changes.

They say it helps recruiting to change from time to time? If I remember correctly Bama has had the No. 1 class for 4 years running. What's left to say but Roll Tide!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
So let's rate them:

1. Alabama - goes without saying
2. LSU - theirs have stayed the same over the decades. I've always liked their helmet logo.
3. Georgia - another uniform that's been basically the same all these years. The helmet "G" is iconic but a ripoff of Green Bay. Or Grambling.
4. Auburn - yep. they've changed it very little, it is a clean cut look, and they keep the orange to a minimum. But if they ever bring back those hideous orange jerseys, send them to the back of the line.
5. Ole Miss - another classic look.
6. Florida - when they keep it basic and don't let Nike go crazy
7. Texas A&M - I also like the stripes on the shoulders and the aTm logo
8. Vanderbilt - getting to the bottom of the barrel
9. South Carolina - never been impressed with them and they're uglier now with the Under Armor influence
10. Kentucky - nothing spectacular
11. Mississippi State - small improvements recently to a hideous look
12. Missouri - dreadful
13. Arkansas - they really screwed up a classic uniform over the past decade.
14. Tennessee - orange is bad. neon puke orange is horrendous.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
^Solid list. Personally the only thing I would change is SC, bump them up 1 maybe 2 spots, because while they had way too much going on from ~07 to 2011, they have toned it down a little with less random stripes and logos.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.