JessN: SEC Team Previews - Links to all previews here

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
It's about time for our annual fall previews to start. We haven't made many major changes to our set of previews over the years, but we will be ditching our preseason award predictions (our internal data showed people were mostly skipping over that article) and replacing it with something else. The "something else" isn't completely finalized at the moment, and it might not come at the beginning of the publication cycle this year.

First up will be our top 25 poll, our All-SEC team and our unit ratings. Other previews include Who’s up, who’s down heading into 2014 and our projections for Which Alabama freshmen will play?

Next up after that we'll start going around the SEC:

SEC WEST
Previews 2014: Alabama Crimson Tide
Previews 2014: Arkansas Razorbacks
Previews 2014: Auburn Tigers
Previews 2014: LSU Tigers
Previews 2014: Ole Miss Rebels
Previews 2014: Mississippi State Bulldogs
Previews 2014: Texas A&M Aggies

SEC EAST
Previews 2014: Florida Gators
Previews 2014: Georgia Bulldogs
Previews 2014: Kentucky Wildcats
Previews 2014: Missouri Tigers
Previews 2014: South Carolina Gamecocks
Previews 2014: Tennessee Volunteers
Previews 2014:Vanderbilt Commodores

Last edited by a moderator:

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Re: FYI, previews are starting soon.

Thanks in advance, Jess. Always look forward to your analysis of the SEC landscape as we rapidly approach another new season. rtr

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL

It's a goodie! Getting close to my favorite time of the year. And Jess' previews are one of my favorite gifts of the season, along with his pre-game analyses throughout the year.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

Hooray! My favorite things to read are Jess Nichols articles on Bama and college football in general.

bamacpa70

1st Team
Nov 17, 2003
Roanoke, VA

Jess, will you be doing the "Crimson on Demand" podcasts again this year? I really enjoyed your appearances last year!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Hey Jess - Wondering if you might do a higher level preview of the other major conferences this year. Don't know if you have ever done that before, but I like your insight and would like to see how you envision the larger picture playng out this season.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999

First preview went up tonight. It's a new feature, a brief look at the trends for all 14 teams, which replaces our longstanding Crystal Ball article, that had grown stale.

However, we are having some kind of formatting problem with the articles. Our paragraph/line breaks aren't functioning, which is causing the text to come out in big blocks and it's hard to read. We're aware of the situation and are looking into it.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999

Jess, will you be doing the "Crimson on Demand" podcasts again this year? I really enjoyed your appearances last year!
I'm not opposed to doing it, but I haven't heard anything from the museum lately. I've also got some things going on, job-wise, that are going to prevent me from actually getting to the museum at the time they usually do the podcast. I'll have to see if they'll let me call it in.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999

Hey Jess - Wondering if you might do a higher level preview of the other major conferences this year. Don't know if you have ever done that before, but I like your insight and would like to see how you envision the larger picture playng out this season.
I appreciate the comments; I haven't planned to go more in-depth with the other conferences, as it's just not in my area of expertise. Accuracy tends to go down as the distance from home goes up. :) I'd rather let the guys who are in those areas and see those teams every day serve as the voice for those areas.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

As Jess recently mentioned, he has moved back to his hometown but has had technical difficulties (i.e. getting the internet guy to actually connect his house seems to be taking a LOOOONG time). So, he's sent me the preview articles and I'm putting them up today. Sorry for the delay! He hopes to be up and with us this week.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.