Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2014 "The Opening" Thread

The Opening starts tomorrow as the players arrive. QBs are already in Oregon for the Elite 11. Bama will have 10 commits present. Link
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 2014 "The Opening" Thread

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The 7-on-7 teams were selected today.

@EMcKinneyESPN Team Apocalypse has an Alabama connection in QB Blake Barnett to WR Calvin Ridley. Barnett will also be recruiting RB Jacques Patrick
    Coach Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Minkah Fitzpatrick with the #10 SPARQ Rating of all the players.

Coach Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

@TDsTake Roll Tide Row set up along the sideline here. Family members of a ton of Alabama commits seated together. And yes, I've heard "Roll Tide".
    Coach Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

@GregBiggins: WR Calvin Ridley is hands down top offensive player of the day, ridiculous talent
    Coach Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Pictures from the SPARQ testing.

Alabama commits:

Jonathan Ledbetter

Lester Cotton

Richie Petitbon
    Coach Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Coach Bryant

BamaNation First Team

Lester Cotton looks like one cool dude.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post

love it! already bonding. I thought we are supposed to have 10 there. Who are we missing?

Didn't Minkah win the shuttle run event? He started it off and I didn't see anyone beat him while I watched.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    love it! already bonding. I thought we are supposed to have 10 there. Who are we missing?

Didn't Minkah win the shuttle run event? He started it off and I didn't see anyone beat him while I watched.
    I came in late and only saw the 40 yd dash for Minkah and he ran relatively slow at 4.59 and 4.58. I heard he had a 38" vertical.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    I came in late and only saw the 40 yd dash for Minkah and he ran relatively slow at 4.59 and 4.58. I heard he had a 38" vertical.
    I just saw the replay too. 4.58 is slower than I was expecting. I wonder if it his top end speed or his start that is not good. As a corner, top end speed isn't quite as important as change of direction and acceleration.

It appears that team Land Sharks and team Apocolypse are the 2 teams with the most Bama commits and targets. Hopefully they can form more of a bond.