Three questions for Saban at Media Days

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Gribble has an article up this morning going over the most likely questions Saban will get during the Media Days interviews. The writer poses three questions:

How's Coker coming along?
Is the defense going to be able to contain the fast paced offenses this season?
Will Bama bounce back to the title hunt after the late season disappointments?

The writer then asks if there are other questions out there he didn't cover.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/07/three_questions_alabama_coach.html#incart_river

It seemed to me his article was well-suited for a discussion board, so I'm posting it. Sometimes a thread like this will catch on, other times it quickly drops to the bottom of the page. It's always interesting to see what topics catch the board's attention.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Three question for Saban at Media Days

We all know he's not gonna answer those questions that's posted in the article. He's more comfortable answering questions about mindset and the progress of the team as a whole. Its best if we didn't ask him about Coker situation along with Kenyan drake.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Not coincidentally, Al.com picks Coker as the one person who will have the most say over the success of Alabama's season, even more so than Saban. No pressure, no pressure at all.

Here.

---------------------
Gribble has an article up this morning going over the most likely questions Saban will get during the Media Days interviews. The writer poses three questions:

How's Coker coming along?
Is the defense going to be able to contain the fast paced offenses this season?
Will Bama bounce back to the title hunt after the late season disappointments?

The writer then asks if there are other questions out there he didn't cover.

mostuphttp://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/07/three_questions_alabama_coach.html#incart_river

It seemed to me his article was well-suited for a discussion board, so I'm posting it. Sometimes a thread like this will catch on, other times it quickly drops to the bottom of the page. It's always interesting to see what topics catch the board's attention.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

What if you were allowed to taze reporters who asked you stupid questions???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I'm trying to figure out how to give the thread starter a dislike because he doesn't seem to understand the plural of the word question.

Oh wait, it's me. Never mind...

Back to the point of the thread...

Maybe somebody could ask him if Kiffin's offense will have any faster pace than we have had the past few years. I know we are expected to alter our defense to deal with the fast tempo game, I'm just wondering if the fast pace will also have an effect on our offensive tempo.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Not coincidentally, Al.com picks Coker as the one person who will have the most say over the success of Alabama's season, even more so than Saban. No pressure, no pressure at all.

Here.

---------------------
Personally, I think Cam Robinson, D. Jackson, A. Kouandjio, etc., etc. will have the most say over the success of the season

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

This is a scary thought for anybody playing QB at Alabama.

"With a surplus of talent at running back, an offensive line that should be just as good as it was in 2013,"

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

I'm trying to figure out how to give the thread starter a dislike because he doesn't seem to understand the plural of the word question.

Oh wait, it's me. Never mind...

Back to the point of the thread...

Maybe somebody could ask him if Kiffin's offense will have any faster pace than we have had the past few years. I know we are expected to alter our defense to deal with the fast tempo game, I'm just wondering if the fast pace will also have an effect on our offensive tempo.
I remember Danielson making a point last year on one of his radio bits before we played A&M, he was talking about how more plays in a game should benefit Bama. His point was that Bama has superior players to most teams and that the more plays that are snapped in a game the more likely that the odds and talent will win out and the better team will win. Essentially less plays allows for a fluke or lucky play to have more impact on the game.

That point made a lot of sense to me and I sometimes do wish that we ran more hurry up to the field. Over the last few years there have been times when we have had the defense scrambling and it's almost like we wait for them to get set out of some sort of respect. I'm not saying that is what is actually occuring but it really did seem like it sometimes.

To the main point I would ask him about our kicking/punting game. I would ask him if he thought the team was paying attention to detail at near the level that he expects. I would also ask him what the coaches have done differently to address the issue that was mentioned during this offseason of the coaches not have the close connection to players that they had in years past.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

This writer needs to get ready to get insulted by Coach S.
Pretty dumb questions if you ask me.
"How is Coker coming along"?
The coaches aren't even allowed to coach him yet, by NCAA rules.
Give me a break.
sip

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

I remember Danielson making a point last year on one of his radio bits before we played A&M, he was talking about how more plays in a game should benefit Bama. His point was that Bama has superior players to most teams and that the more plays that are snapped in a game the more likely that the odds and talent will win out and the better team will win. Essentially less plays allows for a fluke or lucky play to have more impact on the game.

That point made a lot of sense to me and I sometimes do wish that we ran more hurry up to the field. Over the last few years there have been times when we have had the defense scrambling and it's almost like we wait for them to get set out of some sort of respect. I'm not saying that is what is actually occuring but it really did seem like it sometimes.

To the main point I would ask him about our kicking/punting game. I would ask him if he thought the team was paying attention to detail at near the level that he expects. I would also ask him what the coaches have done differently to address the issue that was mentioned during this offseason of the coaches not have the close connection to players that they had in years past.
Gary should know better. A fast paced game allows for more plays but it makes it extremely difficult to sub. Alabama's advantage is depth and getting the right people in at the right time to best utilize their talent.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado

This writer needs to get ready to get insulted by Coach S.
Pretty dumb questions if you ask me.
"How is Coker coming along"?
The coaches aren't even allowed to coach him yet, by NCAA rules.
Give me a break.
sip
I believe there was a rule change implemented this summer so that coaches can have a limited amount of contact with the athletes during summer workouts. I want to say it's something like 8 hours per week. I remember thinking it was perfect timing for a transfer like Coker to get actual coaching from Kiffin prior to the start of fall camp.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.