Nick Marshall cited for marijuana. NOT arrested.

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
8-9 grams.

basically a dumb move and that's about it.

and yes, he'll be suspended for a game that doesn't matter...and that could be arkansas.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
8-9 grams.

basically a dumb move and that's about it.

and yes, he'll be suspended for a game that doesn't matter...and that could be arkansas.
Was he driving?

Did they adminster a DUI test? From what I have seen, weed may mellow you out, but also seriously slows mental acuity and physical reactions.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I've got a feeling he will be suspended from the first academic class that he should attend in the fall. Nothing else! CMG will instead attend so that he can take notes for his QB.

tidefan82

1st Team
Aug 16, 2000
Opp,Alabama,U.S.
There is no drug problem at Auburn! Nick Marshall and Jonathan Mincy have plenty of marijuana. Apparently the Auburn players are still on a "high" from last years successful season. Football season, not growing season!

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
He'll run 2 laps and Gus the bus will say he was harshly disciplined and will trot out in that first series of the season. That you can count on....

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Was he driving?

Did they adminster a DUI test? From what I have seen, weed may mellow you out, but also seriously slows mental acuity and physical reactions.
the officer said he smelled marijuana in the car...that could mean smoke or it could mean extremely stinky buds.

I represented a guy once who was charged with possession because the weed he had was so potent that the officer could smell it in the passenger compartment but the guy hadn't been smoking.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Mark this down: if NM doesn't get hurt and/or have TWO atrocious games, he will go to NY. If the Dogs, the who's and bama clamp down on him he doesn't go. It very well may come down to the Bama game, as to whether he goes or not. Hope TDP is locked in on his number.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Yeah. I do

There are a bunch of self righteous voters who are stuck in the 50s. Jameis had established a commanding lead before his off field stuff came up, not before the season.

And by the way, we gave it to him in 2010. We gave it to Manziel in 2012. We gave Tre Mason a free trip to NY.,When we don't do what we need
to do, we make people famous. Our aura is that of NYC's. If you can make it against us, you can make it anywhere

It's not being retrograde to think that a guy who by all rights should have at least stood trail for rape should not be awarded the Heisman.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
the officer said he smelled marijuana in the car...that could mean smoke or it could mean extremely stinky buds.

I represented a guy once who was charged with possession because the weed he had was so potent that the officer could smell it in the passenger compartment but the guy hadn't been smoking.

Did the "Stinkweed" defense work?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The Barners are concerned. About 50% of the threads over on ITAT are about this. Suprisingly, man of them are pretty upset and feel he deserves some serious punishment. Saw one guy who said he should be dismissed from the team. Another said he should get a 3 game suspension. Others are saying at least one game.

I'm a little surprised that many are being pretty rational and showing legitimate concerns that he didn't use any better judgment than that after his prior trouble with the law and dismissal at Georgia.

If he doesn't start/play against the piggies that game could be real interesting.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
The Barners are concerned. About 50% of the threads over on ITAT are about this. Suprisingly, man of them are pretty upset and feel he deserves some serious punishment. Saw one guy who said he should be dismissed from the team. Another said he should get a 3 game suspension. Others are saying at least one game.

I'm a little surprised that many are being pretty rational and showing legitimate concerns that he didn't use any better judgment than that after his prior trouble with the law and dismissal at Georgia.

If he doesn't start/play against the piggies that game could be real interesting.
Offensively, AU wouldn't miss a beat. Johnson would throw for 400 yrds

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Marshall’s vehicle was pulled over due to a possible window tinting violation, according to the chief. The officer reported smelling pot but found only residue amounting to less than a single ounce.
I'd be more concerned with his dark windows than with a roach or ashes or whatever the "residue" was.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
This.

Still shaking my head at the stupidity.
I am pretty sure many cfb players across the nation (especially the 'high profile ones') wouldn't qualify as rocket scientists; not sure many of them could get into any post-secondary school besides Velvet Jones' School of Technology.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
To be fair, I believe that football players have, generally speaking, the same average intelligence as we see represented in our society. They are not expected to use it, since they have a different advantage, and find themselves at a disadvantage if they can't make it as a professional athlete. The sad reality is that they are treated differently by mainstream society from a young age, and this ends up hurting far more than it helps.

We celebrate the wrong things, and children want to be popular. Heck - kids will choose not to take "nerdy" classes because of the stigma associated with those classes.

I have a novel idea - what if we were to stop advancing kids who cannot manage to pass their classes? How about if we stopped allowing them to play any sport if they cannot manage to get a c average in all of their classes?

But, even without this knowledge, they have the intelligence. At some point they have to decide how they are going to use it.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
To be fair, I believe that football players have, generally speaking, the same average intelligence as we see represented in our society. They are not expected to use it, since they have a different advantage, and find themselves at a disadvantage if they can't make it as a professional athlete. The sad reality is that they are treated differently by mainstream society from a young age, and this ends up hurting far more than it helps.

We celebrate the wrong things, and children want to be popular. Heck - kids will choose not to take "nerdy" classes because of the stigma associated with those classes.

I have a novel idea - what if we were to stop advancing kids who cannot manage to pass their classes? How about if we stopped allowing them to play any sport if they cannot manage to get a c average in all of their classes?

But, even without this knowledge, they have the intelligence. At some point they have to decide how they are going to use it.
Wasn't placing blame or fault (and there is plenty of that to go around), just stating my view of the way things are. A large part of it stems from the fact that they aren't taught to THINK. just do - no matter whether it's their peers, family or teachers doing the teaching (or not doing it, in this case).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.