Nick Marshall cited for marijuana. NOT arrested.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
One, GM was glad he had a reason to keep NM from having to speak in public due to the fact that his interviews usually tend to resemble a puppy on a meat slicer in terms of torture factor.

Two, "teary-eyed"????

Inner NM monologue, "Dang dog, this is gonna be like six strikes and your out!!!"

Yeah, out a quarter.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Given the paranoid Barners always talking about Bama players driving Chargers under suspicious circumstances , I find it hysterical Marshall was driving a late model Charger when cited.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Given the paranoid Barners always talking about Bama players driving Chargers under suspicious circumstances , I find it hysterical Marshall was driving a late model Charger when cited.
As it turns out, late model Dodge Chargers are extremely popular (and typically quite inexpensive) vehicles for young black males, which obviously make up the overwhelming majority of major college football players. Of course, why let a rather obvious realities and a bit of common sense get in the way of such an otherwise widespread conspiracy theory?

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Plainsmen also ignore the fact the auto credit is still incredibly easy to obtain despite the financial crisis we just expeienced

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
The thing on suspending Marshall... honestly, I'm not sure that the back-up isn't a better player. At the very least, unless Marshall really improves his passing this season, I don't think they would have an appreciable drop-off if Johnson had to play.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
The thing on suspending Marshall... honestly, I'm not sure that the back-up isn't a better player. At the very least, unless Marshall really improves his passing this season, I don't think they would have an appreciable drop-off if Johnson had to play.
Johnson isn't nearly as effective running the ball, and if the run isn't as dangerous those WRs aren't so open.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's easy to be critical of Gus saying "NM won't start" as punishment. I mean what does that mean? He won't start but then come in on the second or third series?

It's a pretty easy out for Gus honestly. If the Barn's offense isn't working, rest assured NM will play sooner rather than later against the Hogs.

JJ may be a better passer (and who isn't a better passer than Marshall) but the Barn's offense worked so well last year because of NM's running threat. This will be interesting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.