Nick Marshall cited for marijuana. NOT arrested.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The fact is that Gus has now sent the message: get caught and we'll take care of you. Your suspension will depend on how much we need you and how good a player you are.

This is the kind of thing that undoes teams. I'm not a strict law and order guy - each case has to be taken individually. But the problem is we're dealing here with a guy who found trouble already in another program and has been regarded with a starter's position and basically a "let's see" punishment. This plus the suspension of the other guy for the second game sure do sound an awful lot like the Lowder Regime to me.

And it WILL implode - maybe not this year but sooner rather than later.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
The fact is that Gus has now sent the message: get caught and we'll take care of you. Your suspension will depend on how much we need you and how good a player you are.

This is the kind of thing that undoes teams. I'm not a strict law and order guy - each case has to be taken individually. But the problem is we're dealing here with a guy who found trouble already in another program and has been regarded with a starter's position and basically a "let's see" punishment. This plus the suspension of the other guy for the second game sure do sound an awful lot like the Lowder Regime to me.

And it WILL implode - maybe not this year but sooner rather than later.
I agree 100%. This sort of thing is what sunk Chizic and it will sink Gus too. You cannot set up a class system on your team and expect the team to hang togther. They don't need Marshall to win that first game but they won't even risk it. I guess that tells the backup how much he's worth.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I agree 100%. This sort of thing is what sunk Chizic and it will sink Gus too. You cannot set up a class system on your team and expect the team to hang togther. They don't need Marshall to win that first game but they won't even risk it. I guess that tells the backup how much he's worth.

let the aubren fans tell it their backup would start for every other team in college football

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
True, but this particular player has been kicked out of another university for behavioral issues and is supposed to be on a zero tolerance policy...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.