Nick Marshall cited for marijuana. NOT arrested.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Less than an ounce. It's a misdemeanor. Wonder how CGM will address this. He's yet to address the Mincy situation too. Not being known for his discipline of major contributors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
He'll play the first game against Arkansas and then sit out the first half the next week against San Jose State

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Ehh nothing to see here. The Friday before media days next week and they are up first on Monday. Couldn't have picked a better...or worse time.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think the guy who wrote this article was high on something.

Marshall is somehow a Heisman front runner? On what planet?

I have no doubt he'll be better (in part because he couldn't possibly be much worse and still be the starter), and as long as they're unbeaten he's in the hunt.

But front runner? Are you KIDDING me?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
With today being THE PURGE of the sports world in the US with LeBron's announcement, he's safe from national scrutiny, but in THIS state?!? The Friday before SEC Media Days (which gives me goosebumps thinking about BTW) where he was supposed to appear on behalf of his team? Horrible timing.

That said, he's an adult. I don't think anything should happen to him. Might hurt his Heisman chances should he find himself in the race late in the season.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
With today being THE PURGE of the sports world in the US with LeBron's announcement, he's safe from national scrutiny, but in THIS state?!? The Friday before SEC Media Days (which gives me goosebumps thinking about BTW) where he was supposed to appear on behalf of his team? Horrible timing.

That said, he's an adult. I don't think anything should happen to him. Might hurt his Heisman chances should he find himself in the race late in the season.
You really think something that minor will be in anyone's mind 5 or 6 months from now? Look who won it last year and all of his off the field accusations.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
You really think something that minor will be in anyone's mind 5 or 6 months from now? Look who won it last year and all of his off the field accusations.
Yeah. I do

There are a bunch of self righteous voters who are stuck in the 50s. Jameis had established a commanding lead before his off field stuff came up, not before the season.

And by the way, we gave it to him in 2010. We gave it to Manziel in 2012. We gave Tre Mason a free trip to NY.,When we don't do what we need
to do, we make people famous. Our aura is that of NYC's. If you can make it against us, you can make it anywhere

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Yeah. I do

There are a bunch of self righteous voters who are stuck in the 50s. Jameis had established a commanding lead before his off field stuff came up, not before the season.

And by the way, we gave it to him in 2010. We gave it to Manziel in 2012. We gave Tre Mason a free trip to NY.,When we don't do what we need
to do, we make people famous. Our aura is that of NYC's. If you can make it against us, you can make it anywhere
I wasn't talking about anything on the field. There's no way an incident with no arrest will be in the forefront of voters minds 6 months from now. Its a moot point though. I don't think he will be in the running anyway. I'm just saying if you look at the past few heisman winners, character and being a good person off the field doesn't really get taken into account.

Crimson Wonder

1st Team
Sep 4, 2002
Atlanta
A "citation" can mean many things. Did they give him a blue ribbon? :D
Basically, with giving him a copy of charge (a ticket in lieu of physical arrest) this won't even matter really. With handling it at a magistrate level, it won't even go on his record. At least he's shifted his criminal focus from victimizing others through theft, to destroying the 7 or 8 brain cells he has remaining.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I don't care how much it was, if I had been kicked off the team for stealing and got a 2nd chance somewhere else, you wouldn't find me in possession of a cigarette.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I think the guy who wrote this article was high on something.

Marshall is somehow a Heisman front runner? On what planet?

I have no doubt he'll be better (in part because he couldn't possibly be much worse and still be the starter), and as long as they're unbeaten he's in the hunt.

But front runner? Are you KIDDING me?
Yeah I don't understand either. Unless he has just made drastic improvements in his passing. I think at best he gets an invite to NYC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.