Nick Marshall cited for marijuana. NOT arrested.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Wasn't placing blame or fault (and there is plenty of that to go around), just stating my view of the way things are. A large part of it stems from the fact that they aren't taught to THINK. just do - no matter whether it's their peers, family or teachers doing the teaching (or not doing it, in this case).
That is an interesting point. Most people are not taught to think for themselves - they are taught what to think. If you teach your children to think, they can figure out the world without much formal education. It is an important tool.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Do police chiefs normally do traffic stops?

I think it's bad that Marshall got arrested of course, but a college kid getting in trouble for a little marijuana is not a huge issue. My only concerns are that he is a high profile guy who should know better and he got kicked out of his last school for doing something stupid.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I want to know what kind of car was NM driving. AU always makes a big deal about what Bama players are driving. They are already making a big deal about Reed's charger. I heard NM was also driving a charger. Can anyone confirm this?

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Makes me think there was more to it that is being swept under the rug. If not why the tears?

these guys act like tough guys. and are indeed tough for what they endure on Saturday afternoons. But deep down, a lot of them are still kids mentally. The guy probably knows what he possibly has ahead of him compared to what he had with the issue at UGA.. those tears were probably tears of "man, i may have fricked up"..

hamntn

Dec 4, 2006
Auburn db Jonathon Mincy was arrested for Possession of Marijuana in Abbeville, AL on June 27. I read about this in my hometown newspaper; saw nothing about it anywhere else.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
the officer said he smelled marijuana in the car...that could mean smoke or it could mean extremely stinky buds.

I represented a guy once who was charged with possession because the weed he had was so potent that the officer could smell it in the passenger compartment but the guy hadn't been smoking.
A thoughtful dealer will double bag the dank.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
JOX had Brett (Brent?) Sallee of the Bleacher Report on `5pm. Sallee made the ludicrous argument that Marshall received substantial punishment simply by not being able to attend media days. Is he from Auburn? He's shoveling BS like he is.
Barrett Sallee.

He's not the only one that believes Marshall's punishment was not going to Media Days. Players, OTOH, say he was lucky to miss media days because players don't like media days.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
JOX had Brett (Brent?) Sallee of the Bleacher Report on `5pm. Sallee made the ludicrous argument that Marshall received substantial punishment simply by not being able to attend media days. Is he from Auburn? He's shoveling BS like he is.
A media representative would consider missing media days to be a harsh punishment. I think that Auburn pulled him to keep him from answering a string of questions about the incident - more protection than punishment.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.