Anyone else concerned with Ole Sis and Mitthtippy Tate this year

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Ole Miss really was disappointing last season. Just didn't build on the first year momentum. They continue to invest hard in the spread and therefore will have invested hard in the spread defense. If we handle their offense, play hard, don't turn it over, it's a matter of time and attrition.

This version of the cowbells really no different that others of the mullen era in a 4 quarter slug-fest. And not in T-Town.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I'm more concerned about losing those games, but I worry about the games after those games. We may have to work real hard to beat those teams, making us vulnerable in the following weeks.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
No. Neither team has good enough QB play to make up for the difference in talent. Not sure why so many are high on Dak Prescott. Never really seen him do anything that made me say wow he has the potential to be a great QB.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Over the last ten years Ole Miss is 18-26 at home when playing a SEC team. If you go back fifty years and include a good portion of the run they had under Johnny Vaught they're 70-77 at home against SEC teams. If you limit it to Hugh Freeze's tenure they are 4-4 at home. Those four wins came against an 0-8 Auburn, a 4-4 Miss. State, a 5-3 LSU, and a 0-8 Arkansas.

No matter how you look at it, there is no Home Field Advantage.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The Rebs will not live up to expectations.
Correct, and you could say this almost every year!

I'm always worried about Mississippi State because they always seem to play us hard.
Correct, and you could say this almost every year!

The disparity in talent is so great that if we have to be concerned about those teams, it means Bama has serious motivational issues from within.

I'm not concerned.
Correct and this has usually been the case over the years and for sure will be the case as long as CNS roams the UA sidelines!

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
Not until we get closer. There is no sense fretting this early in the season about anyone. Let the season play out and pray for no injuries!

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
So where did all if this "talent" Ole Miss has come from. Yeah they had ONE great recruiting class but it is top heavy. Other than those 5-6 guys, nobody else is noteworthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
So where did all if this "talent" Ole Miss has come from. Yeah they had ONE great recruiting class but it is top heavy.
And what few seem to remember was the 4th best class in the SEC, Bama was #1.

So congrats to Ole Miss for cracking the top 1/3rd of recruiting classes in the SEC for one year.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think it is too early to tell. Sure, the natural reaction is "we'll run them off the field" but I'm telling you. Dak Prescott is the real deal and is just the type quarterback that we've been known to have problems with. I want to see how we're playing going into these games and I also want to see how they are playing as well. Expectations in the preseason doesn't always mean reality when the season starts. So again, we'll see.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I think it is too early to tell. Sure, the natural reaction is "we'll run them off the field" but I'm telling you. Dak Prescott is the real deal and is just the type quarterback that we've been known to have problems with. I want to see how we're playing going into these games and I also want to see how they are playing as well. Expectations in the preseason doesn't always mean reality when the season starts. So again, we'll see.
I think the front 7 will be much quicker this year. Also Prescott doesn't exactly have an all star supporting cast.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
It does concern me a bit playing MSU the week after LSWho. We haven't handled that week well lately. The emotional and physical toll seems to carry over the following week. MSU will be ready to play.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think the front 7 will be much quicker this year. Also Prescott doesn't exactly have an all star supporting cast.

I can't debate that. I simply don't know. I just know from people around here (Prescott is from my area) who keep up with Prescott and State that they are very excited about what they see from Prescott and their offense. We very well might beat the breaks off of them.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I can't debate that. I simply don't know. I just know from people around here (Prescott is from my area) who keep up with Prescott and State that they are very excited about what they see from Prescott and their offense. We very well might beat the breaks off of them.
They were very excited about Tyler Russell also...

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I don't necessarily think they will be a push over but if Alabama can still manage to beat them 20-7 at their place on a bad day with 4 turnovers, than imagine what they could to to them in BDS on a good day.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Prescott is an entirely different animal. The kid really is good and fits a lot better into what State wants to do than Russell.
You may be right but I'll believe it when I see it. Same story every year from the Mississippi schools. Saban is 13-1 against the two combined with the only loss to MSU his first year. Optimism springs eternal in July.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
You may be right but I'll believe it when I see it. Same story every year from the Mississippi schools. Saban is 13-1 against the two combined with the only loss to MSU his first year. Optimism springs eternal in July.
Yeah same here.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.