Anyone else concerned with Ole Sis and Mitthtippy Tate this year

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Hey I was just looking at the returning starters for both teams and was wondering could we possibly fall victim to either team in an upset? Because I gotta feeling Ole Sis will be out in the revenge factor after last year. and Miss St. is gonna be better than people think. What about y'all?:confused:

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I am not real concerned about Ole Miss we have the week off before we play them and that should mean trouble for the rebs. State is a concern and always is to me. We play them after a huge game with LSU, we seem to always get there best, and you are correct this years team will.be pretty.good especially on defense.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
MSU concerns me because they have a senior QB, they've played us mostly tough the last few years, and they get us right after LSU. It's not so much MSU as it is all the surrounding circumstances. If we are unbeaten at the time, we'd better be on upset alert, esp if it's another McCarron to Yeldon screen type win.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
No not really. It seems like every other year Ole Siss is supposed to have a team good enough to upset Alabama and they always fall flat on their face. Since 1990 they have TWO wins over Alabama and a guy named Eli Manning was their starting QB.

As for Miss State they are scrappy but they don't have enough talent or coaching to hang with Alabama. I think they can keep it close at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
I'm always worried about Mississippi State because they always seem to play us hard. Ole Miss on the other hand is not a concern right now.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
They both play us hard especially State but I'm not really worried about them. Every game has a life of its own of course so we'll have to see what the situation is at the time. Mississippi State does look like a solid 8-4 team, though. They'll be good. The Rebs will underperform and place some scrutiny on CHF in my opinion.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It is the SEC. You should be at least a little bit concerned, especially on the road.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I am concerned about both games because this may be the year one of those teams has one of those miracle seasons. OM is going to be better than most people think especially if they can cut down on their TO's at QB. MSU is a trap game after LSU. We should win both of them though but that does not mean anything right now.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The disparity in talent is so great that if we have to be concerned about those teams, it means Bama has serious motivational issues from within.

I'm not concerned.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I think we beat them both. Ole Miss will be happy to play Bama at home for a change, but Bama really disrupts their offense. It usually takes a hot athletic quarterback to beat Bama, and Prescott can fit the bill for MSU, if Bama plays poorly. If Bama plays with discipline we win both easily.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
The disparity in talent is so great that if we have to be concerned about those teams, it means Bama has serious motivational issues from within.

I'm not concerned.
I went to Jackson Mississippi in the early 80's and Alabama fumbled and bumblrd away a 20 something game winning streak, It was a lousy trip home, especially thru the Newton County speed trap.

Both teams play hard against Bama so all it takes are a couple of breaks. I also feel Ole Miss has some potential on their team.

With that said, I still believe we roll over them both.

:BigA:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I'm not concerned.
I will qualify your comment with "healthy and deep" talent. If MS had not had more injuries to key players last year than any other (SEC) team (including the Lizards), they would have won at least two more games IMO. If they stay healthy they will surprise more than one team they aren't supposed to beat. Depth is their Achilles, always has been. They are not loaded with four and five star talent, but at the college level on any given week that isn't required (maybe for the long haul). If they don't suffer key injuries they will be in the top 3 in the West.
Ol spit is Ol spit.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
We typically have had a flat performance against MSU coming off the LSU game, I see no reason to believe this year will be different. Ole Miss at Oxford could be a very close game. Their talent level has improved and we will see if we have learned how to defend the HUNH. I think we win both but not a walkover in either game.

Comcerned? Yes. It is football we are talking about. Ole Miss is playing us in Oxford this year. The talent level has gone up and regardless of what anyone did last year, we still have the target on out backs. They still want us. MSU have us problems last season, though I was scared we would lose, it spelled disaster for us for the rest of the season. That has given them confidence as a team that they can beat us. Luckily it is in Bryant Denny this year. It's just coming after LSU. I still think we win.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.