Link: Barnett "kills" Elite Eleven competition...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Hope we hold on to him too!!!

I wonder how he and Cornwell compare?

That will shape up to be an epic competition in a year or two, depending on if Coker is a one or two year player.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Have to remember P. Sims placed highly back in 2009...
P. Sims was such an interesting case. I don't claim to have any special understanding about the qb position, but I was firmly in the AJM camp when they were competing. I just never thought P. Sims looked comfortable throwing a football.

He proved to be a recruiting bust when he couldn't even get PT at Virginia.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
I didn't see this article in Allie's list and it probably deserves a thread of its own...

LINK
Yes Earl I missed that one. The new format for SDS makes it very difficult for some one in a hurry, and not much better if you have some time. The old format was much better IMHO. That said Young mister Barnnett seems to be the real deal, but as you pointed out P. Sims also had a good showing...

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
P. Sims was such an interesting case. I don't claim to have any special understanding about the qb position, but I was firmly in the AJM camp when they were competing. I just never thought P. Sims looked comfortable throwing a football.

He proved to be a recruiting bust when he couldn't even get PT at Virginia.
That's funny because Sims was known to be a little cocky...he had some bravado. He set the all-time passing yards record for Virginia high school football. I think playing in front of a crowd did something to him.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just fininshed watching the 7 on 7 championship game that ESPNU replayed. It was ironic that Blake Barnett was starting opposite Ricky Town.

Not only did BB easily out-perform RT, but BB's arm strength and spiral are a cut above, even at that elite level.

Hope his star just keeps burning brighter and brighter when he gets to Bama.

Oh, and the Ridley kid ain't bad either!

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I don't usually follow recruiting but since there was so much out there on how well Blake and Ridley were doing I couldn't avoid it. I just hope they all stay healthy and keep improving.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.