2016 DE / DT Benito Jones Flips from Alabama, Commits to Ole Miss

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: 2016 DE / DT Benito Jones flips to Ole Miss

Of course they would, and I'm not ready to conceded a thing and I'm sure CNS won't either. On the other hand, I'm not sure it would hurt us all that much if we just stayed away. Other than Norwood, can anyone think of a Mississippi kid in the last 10 years that really panned out? Justin Woodall maybe? They've been pretty few and far between and for every Norwood or Woodall I can probably rattle off 5 or 6 Jimmy Johns.
Anthony Steen seems to be left out of the discussion whenever Bama fans recalled a player from Mississippi who has contributed to our success. the man was just drafted too... ;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Anthony Steen seems to be left out of the discussion whenever Bama fans recalled a player from Mississippi who has contributed to our success. the man was just drafted too... ;)
Let's take a look at Bama's success with Mississippi kids...

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

I appreciate this, but to be fair I have to say some of these are not really "Mississippi kids" but just went to JC there. Dial, Belue, Ricks, B. Lewis, and Stover played HS ball in Alabama. Dequan Menzie is from Georgia and Terrence Cody is from Florida.

Let's take a look at Bama's success with Mississippi kids...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I appreciate this, but to be fair I have to say some of these are not really "Mississippi kids" but just went to JC there. Dial, Belue, Ricks, B. Lewis, and Stover played HS ball in Alabama. Dequan Menzie is from Georgia and Terrence Cody is from Florida.
That's why their school is in the chart. Look at the ones from JUCO compared to the ones from MS high schools.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Watched Tider Insider this morning and Rodney Orr says he was a Bama fan and so were his parents. He said he was surprised at the flip but he also said he doesn't think this one is over.

Maybe we flip him back in time, but everytime I hear about a junior in H.S. "committing" to team "x" I don't really think "committment" is the right term!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Anthony Steen didn't get drafted. He signed with Arizona as an undrafted free agent..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.