The new NC Trophy is pretty terrible.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Well, they picked the dumbest looking logo, it fits that the trophy would suck too. Maybe they will change it...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I really don't care. Other than the Stanley Cup, there aren't any sports trophies that really jump out in mind anyway that I like. As long as we win, we could get a cheap plastic one and I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
My main issue with it was that it's another case of fixing something that's not broken. The BCS made the crystal ball the BCS trophy, and in doing that, they were able to incorporate some history and tradition into the process.

The crystal ball "only" began in 1986, but involved a heck of a lot more tradition than this playoff, which lacks any tradition of any sort. Also, by tossing that aside, they open up the possibility for the crystal ball to go to a different team, since it's no longer bound to the winner (which, I guess isn't such a bad thing consider potentially ridiculous playoff results).

I never was a fan of this playoff, but was is that hard to stick with the BCS formula and have the winner get the crystal ball? College football had retained more tradition than pretty much any other major sport, but this playoff seems bound and determined to change that in as many ways as possible.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
My main issue with it was that it's another case of fixing something that's not broken. The BCS made the crystal ball the BCS trophy, and in doing that, they were able to incorporate some history and tradition into the process.

The crystal ball "only" began in 1986, but involved a heck of a lot more tradition than this playoff, which lacks any tradition of any sort. Also, by tossing that aside, they open up the possibility for the crystal ball to go to a different team, since it's no longer bound to the winner (which, I guess isn't such a bad thing consider potentially ridiculous playoff results).

I never was a fan of this playoff, but was is that hard to stick with the BCS formula and have the winner get the crystal ball? College football had retained more tradition than pretty much any other major sport, but this playoff seems bound and determined to change that in as many ways as possible.
Once again sir, I must tip my hat to you.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.