California outlaws the use of the words "husband & wife"

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Are you a minister bamaro?
I got ordained specifically to perform the marriage of my best friend and his girlfriend but can legally perform any marriage.

Edit: If you and Swoop want to come up I will be glad to perform yours for free (Tidefans discount) and while you are here I'm sure Gmart would be glad to provide a guided tour (armed of course) of beautiful downtown Baltimore.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I got ordained specifically to perform the marriage of my best friend and his girlfriend but can legally perform any marriage.
On one hand, I think this is mighty good of you to do for a friend. On the other hand, I can't help but feel like there's a healthy dose of irreverence in there somewhere.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
On one hand, I think this is mighty good of you to do for a friend. On the other hand, I can't help but feel like there's a healthy dose of irreverence in there somewhere.
It was much better than going to the courthouse and having some stranger do it. I kept it respectful while adding some light comedy to the ceremony.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
This is just plain stupid. If same-sex partners want to get married, let them call each other what they want. If heterosexuals want to get married, let them call each other what they want. Why in the devil does the state feel compelled to legislate something like this? It's beyond my comprehension.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Here is the text of the bill. http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140SB1306

It doesn't make using husband and wife illegal. It requires the substitution of the word spouse for husband/ wife in the California Family Code, i.e. the law that deals with family matters. The bill is designed to eliminate confusion regarding same sex marriages.

If valujet and gmart vacation in California together they can call themselves what ever they want. :)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Here is the text of the bill. http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140SB1306

It doesn't make using husband and wife illegal. It requires the substitution of the word spouse for husband/ wife in the California Family Code, i.e. the law that deals with family matters. The bill is designed to eliminate confusion regarding same sex marriages.

If valujet and gmart vacation in California together they can call themselves what ever they want. :)
but the term outlaw generates much more outrage.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Husband: male partner in a marriage relationship.

Wife: female partner in a marriage relationship.

So, where is the confusion factor in a same-sex marriage?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Edit: If you and Swoop want to come up I will be glad to perform yours for free (Tidefans discount) and while you are here I'm sure Gmart would be glad to provide a guided tour (armed of course) of beautiful downtown Baltimore.
you get a tax break now for your "church"

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Always thought it funny to hear a girl's basketball coach during a girl's game yelling " Come on girls, guard your man on defense".

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
That's alright. I've outlawed using the name of that crackhead state of majority loons. The producers must really love the weather because I couldn't see many reasons why you would torture yourself with that unhinged level of political lunacy.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Husband: male partner in a marriage relationship.

Wife: female partner in a marriage relationship.

So, where is the confusion factor in a same-sex marriage?
Transgenders. Maybe there are enough of them in California to make it confusing.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.