Georgia – Mark Richt
Ole Miss – Hugh Freeze

Session II: Noon – 3:00 pm
Alabama – Nick Saban
Kentucky – Mark Stoops

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
So Gus says they were 13 seconds short of the NC - I guess he's choosing to forget about the 1 second win and the miracle pass. I love it when they show how really delusional they are. Reality has never been real for them.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So Gus says they were 13 seconds short of the NC - I guess he's choosing to forget about the 1 second win and the miracle pass. I love it when they show how really delusional they are. Reality has never been real for them.
He didn't say anything that was inaccurate. He's right. With 0:14 on the clock, Auburn was winning.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Auburn people have many delusions, but that most certainly is not one. They absolutely had it, and just let it slip away. Don't let a three-yard hitch route turn into a 50-yard catch-and-run and they are crowing, not talking about how close they were...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
On Fowler:

I think a lot of you may be surprised how little players pay attention to that sort of thing. What real difference does it make to them? They focus on conditioning, workouts, playbooks, and fundamental techniques (i.e. playing well), not overall structures. Most players probably wouldn't admit to not knowing, but that's a different story.

Anyway, I'll add that Fowler is a heck of a ballplayer, and I wish we had him. If we had him in Tuscaloosa, he would probably become the best pure DE we've had during Saban's tenure.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
On Fowler:

I think a lot of you may be surprised how little players pay attention to that sort of thing. What real difference does it make to them? They focus on conditioning, workouts, playbooks, and fundamental techniques (i.e. playing well), not overall structures. Most players probably wouldn't admit to not knowing, but that's a different story.
I thought it was because those student-athletes were too busy studying. ;)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Auburn people have many delusions, but that most certainly is not one. They absolutely had it, and just let it slip away. Don't let a three-yard hitch route turn into a 50-yard catch-and-run and they are crowing, not talking about how close they were...
I'm certainly glad FSU pulled it out!!! I can't imagine the pain the Barners went through knowing they were that close to another championship.

I've never seen Bama lose a game in a "National championship type game" going back even to the bowl games I can remember back into the late 70's.

I guess the closest thing would be losing to Florida in the SECCG in '08 which, in hindsight was really the championship game that year. That one certainly hurt!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.