Link: Bama flag flying at A&M stadium

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Lots of Bama fans in Texas! I can't drive down a street without seeing a "Script A" on someone's car.

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
A few years ago Ok St was doing some new construction on the football stadium or basketball arena with multi shaded bricks. Very subtly the brick layers spelled out OU in the wall of the building. It was so large you had to be standing a couple of hundred feet away to see it but it was absolutely obvious it was intentional. OSU made the contractor re do the whole project over at the contractor's expense.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
A few years ago Ok St was doing some new construction on the football stadium or basketball arena with multi shaded bricks. Very subtly the brick layers spelled out OU in the wall of the building. It was so large you had to be standing a couple of hundred feet away to see it but it was absolutely obvious it was intentional. OSU made the contractor re do the whole project over at the contractor's expense.
I could understand that. That is a little bit more flagrant than hanging another teams flag up.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
Good natured ribbing.....love it! Last year in T'town some crazy cajun got the LSU flag up and flying at Sewell-Thomas.

Agree - this Nation has lost its good nature and sense of humor, and Govt. Correctness is the standard we are all supposed to strive for. :mad:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
If someone flew an opposing teams fan at Bryant-Denny, I'd have no problem firing him.
Seriously? It's funny. It's people having fun, and no one gets hurt and property isn't destroyed.

It's pretty pathetic that we can't be light-hearted enough to let things like this go with a chuckle. Defacing property, or doing something like the Oklahoma fan that someone mentioned earlier, that deserves a termination. Hanging a flag deserves a laugh and tell them to take it down.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Seriously? It's funny. It's people having fun, and no one gets hurt and property isn't destroyed.

It's pretty pathetic that we can't be light-hearted enough to let things like this go with a chuckle. Defacing property, or doing something like the Oklahoma fan that someone mentioned earlier, that deserves a termination. Hanging a flag deserves a laugh and tell them to take it down.
So what you're saying is that we should play Jackie Wilson's "Higher and Higher" for AU's warmup music? :biggrin:

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It's funny when it happens somewhere else. It was a stupid thing to do. I'm fine with them not firing him, but I got no problem with them firing him either. I mean, I feel like my head would explode if an Auburn fan was flying an AU flag from BD.
Then you're too high strung. Make the guy take the flag down... don't fire him and ruin his living over a damn game.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It's funny when it happens somewhere else. It was a stupid thing to do. I'm fine with them not firing him, but I got no problem with them firing him either. I mean, I feel like my head would explode if an Auburn fan was flying an AU flag from BD.
this is just a game, it is not that important.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
They do say, "Don't mess with Texas." And I'll tell you, they're some proud folks over there. I wouldn't be real surprised if the fella was fired.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.