Link: Bama flag flying at A&M stadium

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
A few years ago Ok St was doing some new construction on the football stadium or basketball arena with multi shaded bricks. Very subtly the brick layers spelled out OU in the wall of the building. It was so large you had to be standing a couple of hundred feet away to see it but it was absolutely obvious it was intentional. OSU made the contractor re do the whole project over at the contractor's expense.
During my time at the Capstone, Barn students came to the Quad and planted a different type of taller grass that spelled out "AU." Once spring came, and the taller grass grew taller and you could see it from nearby buildings. I remember thinking, "Touché, Barn." College prank. No real harm done. This Kyle Field thing strikes me as being in the same neck of the woods.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yeah, just don't care. Can't get worked up. Nobody's owed a job. You embarrass your employer and flip off your customer, don't be surprised if you don't get a second chance.
It's pathetic if his employer is embarrassed, and it is exponentially pathetic if the customer feels flipped off. But hey, your mindset is the one that has taken over this country where everyone is looking for something to be offended about and when we're offended about something then someone must pay. And I reckon that's far enough on this topic for me as I don't want to get the thread moved to the NS board.

Peace, and Roll Tide.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
What an idiot..I hate that he claims to be a Bama if this is true..I love poking fun at our rivals, but, dude come on..Why would you post something like that..If something happens at a football game in that section of the stadium..Guess who will prolly be arrested..Yup..This idiot fan..That's not good natured ribbing..That's pure idiocy at its finest..

"If you ever attend a Texas A&M football game, don't sit at the Northeast End Zone. It was raining today and I made two very 'questionable' welds."

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I couldn`t read what he said, but if he alluded to deliberately making bad welds I hope for his sake he`s just kidding. If someone ever got hurt and it was traced back to the welds, he`s toast and rightfully so IMHO.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
The guy is a blooming idiot. The flag thing is kind of funny but his post are just flat out stupid. There is no possible way he is working beams, running the crane and welding and how do you get the iron backwards. You're not the only one working the job and if you don't think someone would notice quickly you sadly mistaken. I have never seen a welder do much other than weld unless he is prepping the joint at least not the important jobs. The guy might have welded some rebar before the concrete was poured but a certified welder will do the important work. His posts are so outlandish it just unbelievable but then again many that have not been exposed to construction or have worked it in some fashion might believe it. Someone check and see if he is related to Updyke and then tell Texas to kindly keep their idiots at home, Alabama has enough of them.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
When will people learn, you just don't post stuff like that for the world to see even if you are joking because, the world has lost its sense of humor.
Thank heavens they didnt have facebook when I was younger. I still dont have a facebook page and have no desire to post my feelings or actions for the world to see. If what the article says is true, I would prefer he was an Auburn fan. And this thread does deserve to be moved...

hokiefan10

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 17, 2013
This guy is a complete idiot, I saw this story break on Twitter. Was mad he was fired, now I am glad. he deserves anything and everything he gets. Messing with safety is nothing to joke around about and if he did actually mess up welds then he messed up thousands of dollars worth of material probably. I have met Alabama fans twice 2009, 2013 this guy is a shame. Doesn't represent the fan base i met.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.