News Article: Tracking Alabama's weight gains, losses after summer full of workouts

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
This article is too funny. First of all, no weight lost or gained much more than 5%....big deal, right.

Second, the players that gained weight, which is the bulk of them (ironically!), will almost all lose the weight gained during August double days. Who wouldn't in that heat and humidity.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
This article is too funny. First of all, no weight lost or gained much more than 5%....big deal, right.

Second, the players that gained weight, which is the bulk of them (ironically!), will almost all lose the weight gained during August double days. Who wouldn't in that heat and humidity.
i dont think the article was meant as a bad report. that weight gain is more than likely muscle for the skill guys as well as the backers and d-lineman..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Actually, they may not lose that weight. I remember a clip of the players weighing in before and after practice to show they are regaining the weight they lose during practice.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Actually, they may not lose that weight. I remember a clip of the players weighing in before and after practice to show they are regaining the weight they lose during practice.
Yep. Most of that is water weight and you can fluctuate as much as 4-6 pounds a day. And then turn around and gain it right back after rehydration and dinner.

I am interested though on seeing how quick DH will be at 273. If I remember correctly, he was playing around 245-250 in HS...

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I do believe weight gain and loss can point to things in the future

Grant Hill was pushing people around last summer at 300, if his now 322 is muscle and not fat it could indicate a future star.
Landon Collins played at 215 last year, now he's at 222, my prediction? "pain"
Tony Brown, if you saw how brutish he looked in the spring, now add 13 more pounds of muscle without a loss in speed
Amari Cooper put on 8 lbs of muscle (unless they photoshop pictures) Probably getting tired of being hand checked at the line
Dalvin Tomlinson I felt was too heavy returning from his knee injury, I see he's down 10 pounds so I see this as him getting back in shape, he's a speed guy not a run stuffer.
Jonathan Allen is probably at his peak weight of 272, most of the top NFL rushers are about that size.
Ragland lost a few more pounds, he was just so massive for a linebacker. I think he's going to be hard to beat out.
Dominick Jackson is just a big man at 6' 7" 320. Not sure if he will play but dang, I'm starting to understand why we've had bigfoot sightings reported in Alabama lately.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.