Link: Sarah Patterson Steps Down as Gymnastics Coach

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Very sad news. She will indeed be missed. She kept the "winning tradition" at the Capstone alive during the dark days of the Mikes.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I hate to hear this. She has done an outstanding job and will be missed. I loved hearing her tell stories about working for Coach Bryant and having to ask him for money for things they needed while he was AD. I think they had a great relationship and were both nothing but winners. RTR

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
Needless to say she did a great job in her long tenure as coach.6 national titles,8 sec titles!Thanks for the memories Sarah.RTR.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
This is a very sad day for all of us. I can't thank her enough for what she has done for our University. It's not only about titles, but the class she and her teams displayed each year, is what I'm most appreciative of. Good luck Coach Patterson and we'll be praying for you.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I will go ahead and put it out there but I think her retirement warrants opinion piece from Jess. I dont think we can truly appreciate how much of a contribution CSP and her husband have made to the university and the advancement of womens' sports. She is an icon.

BamaRevT

1st Team
Apr 10, 2002
Fayetteville, Tn.
Wow, a surprise indeed. Hate to see her leave that position, but her health is more important to her at this time. What a coach and person she has been and still is. God Bless !

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I hate to hear this. She has done an outstanding job and will be missed. I loved hearing her tell stories about working for Coach Bryant and having to ask him for money for things they needed while he was AD. I think they had a great relationship and were both nothing but winners. RTR
Do you know if any of those stories are written down anywhere?

Bamabus Collins

Suspended
Jan 7, 2008
I couldn't agree with you more. I have dreaded this announcement for a while because it truly signals the end of an era, but I didn't see it coming this fast. All one has to do is watch "Sarah and Suzanne" and you see that she took a program from absolutely nothing and built it into a national powerhouse. I have always had the utmost respect for her not just for winning, but for representing the University so well and for really wanting her ladies to be winners in all aspects of life. So many high GPAs, All-Americans, Honda Award winners, and the conference and national titles prove she did just that. When you think about how many lives she's influenced here since 1978, you have to be appreciative of all she has done. For most of us, we've never known Alabama Gymnastics without Sarah Patterson! Her winning and longevity put her in a class with Coach Bryant and many of the greats. Thank you for all that you have done, Coach Patterson. You are class and a champion, and we will miss you! RTR

I will go ahead and put it out there but I think her retirement warrants opinion piece from Jess. I dont think we can truly appreciate how much of a contribution CSP and her husband have made to the university and the advancement of womens' sports. She is an icon.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Wow, what a legacy she leaves at Bama! Good luck to you coach and I pray all your surgeries to be a success. You will be missed. You also made Slippery Rock proud! RTR

Bamabus Collins

Suspended
Jan 7, 2008
It would be great to see them. I won't get all the details right, but one of the best ones is hearing her tell about having to ask Coach Bryant to buy a floor exercise apparatus that cost as much as her annual salary in 1978. She was very young but very confident and told Coach that if he wanted her to build a championship program, then she needed the proper equipment. Coach reportedly told Jeff Coleman to, "Get the little lady what she needs." The rest is history. When they held the Championship Celebration in 2012, Dr. Bonner said in her remarks that she was sure Coach Bryant would be very pleased with "what the little lady has accomplished." Indeed, we all should be!

Do you know if any of those stories are written down anywhere?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
One of the best ever, she'll be badly missed. Here's hoping that no matter what, she will heal and be better than new!

She needs a statue on campus.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.