2016 CB/ATH Shyheim Carter Updates

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: *** 2016 CB/ATH Shyheim Carter Commits to Alabama ***

Carter just wrapped up his LSU camp today. Here's the latest on him, he finally got an LSU offer but has stated that won't change his solid commitment to Alabama. In fact, sources close to him have mentioned that his inner circle and family , particularly his mother, really want him at Alabama and are 100 % pushing him that way. Great news for us!!Apparently Carter made it known at the camp he was " upset" with the flagship state school for offering him so late. Furthermore he did not want to hang out afterwards to talk to the LSU staff when camp was over. Its along way till 2016 esp. with a highly coveted LA recruit, but as of right now Carter is solid to the good guys. He did mentioned that he will be open to taking his official visits down the line and will listen to what other schools have to sell. Nothing earth shattering there, its recruiting and he knows he is elite. Sit back and enjoy the process.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

His tweets are protected, so I can't see them. Word is, Shyheim announced on Twitter he has deccommitted from UA.

BOL confirms. Link

Last edited:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

Are we trading Shyheim to LSU for Dylan? I say we should at least get a third rounder for next year's draft too!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: 2016 CB/ATH Shyheim Carter Decommits from Alabama

UGA is the team to keep an eye on for carter's next possible commitment. Carter's teammate committed to UGA for 2017 recently. playing time and young talented depth are factors on his de commitment from sources.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

UGA is the team to keep an eye on for carter's next possible commitment. Carter's teammate committed to UGA for 2017 recently. playing time and young talented depth are factors on his de commitment from sources.
Thanks SJC. We do have a lot of young, good talent at CB which he was projected to play. I don't like losing a guy like him but have faith the staff will target someone else to take his place if we do not get him back in the fold.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Like SJC, I've seen folks point to UGA as a possible landing spot for Carter. Strange that he goes public with his decision today and the two teams I've seen mentioned with him are UGA and in-state LSU because he just finished a two day trip to Ole Miss.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Like SJC, I've seen folks point to UGA as a possible landing spot for Carter. Strange that he goes public with his decision today and the two teams I've seen mentioned with him are UGA and in-state LSU because he just finished a two day trip to Ole Miss.
Well of course everyone is reminding him that Bama has 3 really talented Frosh CBs. Humphrey (RFr), Fitzpatrick and Sheffield. I guess that could make some players "shy" (pun intended) away when other schools are offering you the world and with Ole Myth, even more. LOL.

Well, Trevon Diggs can play CB.......

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Well of course everyone is reminding him that Bama has 3 really talented Frosh CBs. Humphrey (RFr), Fitzpatrick and Sheffield. I guess that could make some players "shy" (pun intended) away when other schools are offering you the world and with Ole Myth, even more. LOL.

Well, Trevon Diggs can play CB.......
Well, you have to compete. Just sayin`...

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Well, you have to compete. Just sayin`...
That is what I was saying, maybe he just didnt want to compete.......I guess other programs must think he cant compete with those 3 players....that is how I would turn it on them.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

If he doesn't want to compete...........we don't want him anyway. :cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Personally, I don't fault a guy for looking at a school that doesn't have a loaded depth chart. We've seen too many highly touted recruits arrive to Tuscaloosa to only get bogged down in the depth chart because of experienced players already on campus.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN

I wonder if Freeze offered him a guarantee of 4 years Liberty Bowl Participation Rings?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Personally, I don't fault a guy for looking at a school that doesn't have a loaded depth chart. We've seen too many highly touted recruits arrive to Tuscaloosa to only get bogged down in the depth chart because of experienced players already on campus.
Yeah, but on the other hand we've also seen a guys leave after three years for the NFL. I think that more comes down to if the guy thinks he's ready to play from day one, because we've seen plenty of guys find playing time as true freshman. But... that is contingent not just on ability but on development of course.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Would love to have his talent on our team, however, the way our program is run is not for everyone. Better to part now than after using a scholarship.

Maybe he changes his mind on what he wants before February 2016.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Would love to have his talent on our team, however, the way our program is run is not for everyone. Better to part now than after using a scholarship.

Maybe he changes his mind on what he wants before February 2016.
He just might and I'm sure the staff will not stop recruiting him hard.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I sure miss the days when people wanted to play for Bama....and it didn't matter who came calling....

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

I imagine it's really difficult for these guys to come in and work as hard as they do and not get to play right away, but that's just validation of how solid the program is.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Look out for knott. He's been number one for months on our board. He recently got injured but should be making a decision within the next few months. The guy is a freak corner. And yes I know a guy from Mississippi. Also, carter may or may not come back but the staff will continue to recruit him among other guys like Hardeman I miss spelled that but kid from Georgia. Also, warrior is our number one safety and we've made huge inroads and taken the lead for him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.