2016 CB/ATH Shyheim Carter Updates

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: 2016 CB/ATH Shyheim Carter Decommits from Alabama

Look out for knott. He's been number one for months on our board. He recently got injured but should be making a decision within the next few months. The guy is a freak corner. And yes I know a guy from Mississippi. Also, carter may or may not come back but the staff will continue to recruit him among other guys like Hardeman I miss spelled that but kid from Georgia. Also, warrior is our number one safety and we've made huge inroads and taken the lead for him.

Warrior is a huge Alabama lean at this point. he can play both S and CB. losing Carter will sting less when we land both Knott and Warrior.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Jam, what are the odds on Robertson at this point? And is the competition Stanford or Delusion U(ga)?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Update on Shyheim

The 6-foot, 190-pounder will have two more visits to use, if he chooses to take them. Interestingly enough, Carter is visiting Miami instead of Georgia, which is a school that was seen as a front-runner right after he de-committed from Alabama in August.

The Bulldogs were seen as a favorite because of his relationship with Pruitt, who was Georgia’s defensive coordinator at the time and Sam Petito, who was Georgia’s Director of Player Personnel. Petito was hired by Alabama on Thursday for a role to be determined. It’s looking more and more likely that Carter will rejoin the Tide when he makes his commitment on National Signing Day.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

" Mississippi is the school that treats his children the best"??? Now what the hell does that mean??

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

The last 3 CB's have been to us. I don't like he has his last OV w/ Ole Sis on 1/29. Hopefully he makes a decision based on his relationships with the coaches, players and school rather than who treats his kids the best.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

The last 3 CB's have been to us. I don't like he has his last OV w/ Ole Sis on 1/29. Hopefully he makes a decision based on his relationships with the coaches, players and school rather than who treats his kids the best.
As I recall, Reuben Foster mentioned that very same thing.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Carter will be in Tuscaloosa this weekend on his official visit, so if we are going to ever seal the deal with this one, the time is now. Official visit also scheduled to Ole Miss next weekend, which is perhaps our biggest competitor for his signature at the moment.

FWIW, I do not believe his interest in Miami is particularly deep, and I tend to doubt they are a meaningful player in the end here. Thinking on that newly-found interest is that it's just an outgrowth of Richt's departure from Athens, but that it ultimately won't be enough to make him sign with the 'Canes.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Carter will be in Tuscaloosa this weekend on his official visit, so if we are going to ever seal the deal with this one, the time is now. Official visit also scheduled to Ole Miss next weekend, which is perhaps our biggest competitor for his signature at the moment.

FWIW, I do not believe his interest in Miami is particularly deep, and I tend to doubt they are a meaningful player in the end here. Thinking on that newly-found interest is that it's just an outgrowth of Richt's departure from Athens, but that it ultimately won't be enough to make him sign with the 'Canes.
visit with Pruitt went really well.... probably recommits

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

Hope it happens. Would be nice to win at least one head to head against Ole Miss.
We seem to always lose head-to-heads to Ole Miss. I guess they are just better recruiters than us or else recruits just like playing in their little old rinky dink stadium better than BDS.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Carter was in Baton Rouge earlier this week for a somewhat unexpected unofficial visit to LSU.

Given the fact that he has two young children, I'm afraid it is appearing that proximity to home is shaping up to be the determining factor in his recruitment.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

We seem to always lose head-to-heads to Ole Miss. I guess they are just better recruiters than us or else recruits just like playing in their little old rinky dink stadium better than BDS.
I looked and the last time I remember going head to head with OM and winning a recruiting battle was 2012 when we picked up Geno Smith and I'm not sure how much interest he ever had in the first place. We got Scarborough in 2015, but he was Bama from birth and as much as it was played up at the time, he was never going anywhere else but Alabama.

It's been over half a decade since we won a head to head recruiting battle against OM and that's not raising flags with anyone over in Indianapolis? I honestly think the NCAA has ceased to exist, we just don't realize it.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

It's been over half a decade since we won a head to head recruiting battle against OM and that's not raising flags with anyone over in Indianapolis? I honestly think the NCAA has ceased to exist, we just don't realize it.
You would expect the NCAA to keep a record of the historic and ongoing OM vs. Bama recruiting battles and to use that record as a blunt cheating indicator?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

I looked and the last time I remember going head to head with OM and winning a recruiting battle was 2012 when we picked up Geno Smith and I'm not sure how much interest he ever had in the first place. We got Scarborough in 2015, but he was Bama from birth and as much as it was played up at the time, he was never going anywhere else but Alabama.

Star, if we have to cite Geno Smith, this Mississippi situation is worse than we thought. Geno, I believe, played at St. Pius in Atlanta.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

You would expect the NCAA to keep a record of the historic and ongoing OM vs. Bama recruiting battles and to use that record as a blunt cheating indicator?
Turn around and look up. That thing you see flying is the point that went way above your head.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.