Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 27
  1. #1
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    1,378
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

    *** 2017 Najee Harris Commits to Alabama ***

    http://247sports.com/Player/Najee-Harris-62925
    Tosh strikes the west coast.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Burbs of Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,557

    Re: 2017 Najee Harris Commits to the Tide

    I'd love to have a player of his caliber, and hope he sticks.

    But it's two years out, home is 2,500 miles from Tuscaloosa, the west coast schools will hammer the distance and culture angles, and who knows if Lupoi will be on staff in 2017.

    Long way to go before Mr. Harris hits campus.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

  4. #3
    BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Noblesville Indiana
    Posts
    2,284
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: 2017 Najee Harris Commits to the Tide

    My thoughts exactly 4Q. I'm excited for the caliber of player that he is, but I would honestly be shocked if it sticks. A lot can happen in 2 years, and he is really far away. There will be a lot of West coast pressure on him.

    His highlight video is something else though. I've never seen a video from one season with that many long TD runs. He has great vision, great patience, and a huge number of moves to get where he wants to go. He didn't seem to have elite speed, but really burst. The thing that was interesting was how effortless his running style is. I'd be interested to know if his competition is stiff at all, because he looked like a man amongst boys, and all as a Sophomore.
    Formerly BamaBomber

  5. #4
    BamaNation All-American TiderJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    3,953
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: 2017 Najee Harris Commits to the Tide

    Big time recruit and hopefully our next great RB. I agree it is a long way to NSD 2017 and I hope we keep him. Welcome and RTR Najee!!!!

  6. #5
    BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alabaster, AL.
    Posts
    4,990

    Re: 2017 Najee Harris Commits to the Tide

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaHoosier View Post
    I'm excited for the caliber of player that he is, but I would honestly be shocked if it sticks.
    I hate to say it, but I agree. We've lost a couple of kids from California very recently who committed to Alabama only to change their mind. I hope we get him but it's a long time between now and February 2017 and Alabama is a long, long way from home.

  7. #6
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    772

    Re: 2017 Najee Harris Commits to the Tide

    Quote Originally Posted by bamabryan View Post
    I hate to say it, but I agree. We've lost a couple of kids from California very recently who committed to Alabama only to change their mind. I hope we get him but it's a long time between now and February 2017 and Alabama is a long, long way from home.
    Yeah, me too. Anyway, Welcome and RTR!

  8. #7
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    1,378
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com
    Thread Starter

    Re: 2017 Najee Harris Commits to the Tide

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaHoosier View Post
    My thoughts exactly 4Q. I'm excited for the caliber of player that he is, but I would honestly be shocked if it sticks. A lot can happen in 2 years, and he is really far away. There will be a lot of West coast pressure on him.

    His highlight video is something else though. I've never seen a video from one season with that many long TD runs. He has great vision, great patience, and a huge number of moves to get where he wants to go. He didn't seem to have elite speed, but really burst. The thing that was interesting was how effortless his running style is. I'd be interested to know if his competition is stiff at all, because he looked like a man amongst boys, and all as a Sophomore.
    Look guys we can't be negative because a few guys decided to go else where. Towns actually worked to our advantage , we got Blake instead from California. Lane is likely gone after this year assuming we have another good year. Tosh is more likely to be here a little longer because he is learning and very very young , I think 33. I would like to have the kid that's starting at guard at usc here at bama but you don't always get everyone. It depends on the family and what they are pushing or not pushing. Robertson family is pushing education Stanford and the locals therewant him at uga. I'm sorry if I had a chance to play football at Stanford or anywhere else I would choose Stanford. That's about the only school I don't mind losing a recruit to. Their education is second to none. And objectively how can anyone argue against them?

  9. #8
    BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alabaster, AL.
    Posts
    4,990

    Re: 2017 Najee Harris Commits to the Tide

    Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    Look guys we can't be negative because a few guys decided to go else where.
    With all due respect no one is being negative. We are being realistic. Everyone here would be happy to see him sign with Alabama but that's nearly two years away and remember we are talking about kids. They've been known to change their mind and we've had a number of kids that have changed their mind about going to Alabama. Every school does. Demetreus Robertson just de-committed a couple of days ago. The difference for me is I don't worry about recruiting because of who our coach is. As long as CNS is at Alabama I won't concern myself with recruiting. We have the best in the business.

    I think all anyone is saying is don't get too excited over this commitment just yet. Other schools are not going to stop recruiting him. We'll see if he signs with Alabama in February 2017. Hopefully he will.
    Last edited by bamabryan; April 19th, 2015 at 03:06 PM.

  10. #9
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Richardson, TX
    Posts
    5,869

    Re: 2017 Najee Harris Commits to the Tide

    Why don't we just enjoy the news and worry if things change?

  11. #10
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    1,378
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com
    Thread Starter

    Re: 2017 Najee Harris Commits to the Tide

    Quote Originally Posted by bamabryan View Post
    With all due respect no one is being negative. We are being realistic. Everyone here would be happy to see him sign with Alabama but that's nearly two years away and remember we are talking about kids. They've been known to change their mind and we've had a number of kids that have changed their mind about going to Alabama. Every school does. Demetreus Robertson just de-committed a couple of days ago. The difference for me is I don't worry about recruiting because of who our coach is. As long as CNS is at Alabama I won't concern myself with recruiting. We have the best in the business.

    I think all anyone is saying is don't get too excited over this commitment just yet. Other schools are not going to stop recruiting him. We'll see if he signs with Alabama in February 2017. Hopefully he will.
    Negative might have been a poor choice of words ,but as moon said be excited.a difference for us is his mother has signed off on bama and he has visited twice this year from california. He will continue to recruited particularly by ucla. But parents in these cases are huge or whoever is making the decisions. Also, saloman came up with his mother yesterday as well. That's huge in his recruitment as well. He says he likely won't commit until the all star games ,but maybe that's a public thing ,where he commits to just the staff. Our qb recruiting seems to be Haskins from Maryland. Pass is likely headed to ul. He has them and auburn in his top two.
    Last edited by jambama1; April 19th, 2015 at 03:32 PM.

  12. #11
    BamaNation All-SEC mulletover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cullman Alabama
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: 2017 Najee Harris Commits to the Tide

    We open 2016 against USC. The Alabama brand is national. Saban's pulled players from nearly every state. Mr. Harris obviously wants to play with the best. Welcome Najee! RTR
    15 and counting

  13. #12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Talladega, Alabama
    Posts
    5,390
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: 2017 Najee Harris Commits to the Tide

    We can't forget he plays a position that allows him to play early and help fight being homesick. If he was a lineman or something I would worry, but him being a RB and us being known for RB's we have more of a chance than many think when it comes to keeping him.

  14. #13
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Upstate, SC
    Posts
    620

    Re: 2017 Najee Harris Commits to the Tide

    Profile says he is from Antioch, CA.

    If he doesn't have a nickname, can we call him the Holy Hand Grenade?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!