ATH Demetris Robertson Updates (Former 'Bama Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Re: *** 2016 ATH Demetris Robertson Commits to Bama ***

BET over here in Georgia (and all States I assume), transfer guidelines are set. Abide by them and you will be good to go, if you don't, you will lose it out. This seems to be the case here. As a baseball coach here I like the little tolerance we have. Many athletes transfer just be at specific school, a specific coach, or to get their grades up and still play, but they do it their Jr or Sr year instead of earlier like middle school. If you transfer in middle school, their are no penalties. If you can show reasons for a transfer such as parents relocate due to job, death in family, etc, transferring is very possible with no punishment.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

BET over here in Georgia (and all States I assume), transfer guidelines are set. Abide by them and you will be good to go, if you don't, you will lose it out.
I understand that, it's just always a concern because you never know the underlying reasons for the transfer, and, as they say, the devil is always in the details. More than a few transfers over the years have, innocuous as though they seemed on their face, been driven by some disturbing and alarming underlying circumstances and factors. Let's just hope that's not the case here.

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

I understand that, it's just always a concern because you never know the underlying reasons for the transfer, and, as they say, the devil is always in the details. More than a few transfers over the years have, innocuous as though they seem on their face, been driven by some disturbing and alarming underlying circumstances and factors. Let's just hope that's not the case here.
It seems fishy, I'll admit....but we heard that the transfer was done to ease a hardship on the brother/guardian and his workplace..... another detail in this is the likelyhood that he was given a scholarship to the new school, and thus the GHSAA probably HAD to deny him eligibility and used the hook of "his guardian just now moved out".

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

The GHSAA has apparently denied his hardship waiver application. Looks like he will sit out the remainder of the 2014 season.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The GHSAA has apparently denied his hardship waiver application. Looks like he will sit out the remainder of the 2014 season.
He appealed and reportedly won. Link

Demetris Robertson, a 5-star Alabama commit from Savannah, Ga., in the class of 2016, was ruled eligible to compete at Savannah Christian Prep by the Georgia High School Association Appeal Board today, according to WSAV in Savannah.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: *** 2016 ATH Demetris Robertson Commits to Alabama ***

I look for him to end up a UGA, they've been all over him.
Early committments from 17 and 18 year olds are almost not worth paying any attention to, IMHO, unless the kid has family ties to the school or he`s been a lifetime fan (even then I`m skeptical ).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I hate he has decommitted since he is a big time talent. May can still get him back in the fold but like Gtown says UGA is going to be tough to beat.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

So we only have 5 commitments for next years class now? Seems like recruiting is going a little slower than previous years.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

So we only have 5 commitments for next years class now? Seems like recruiting is going a little slower than previous years.
It is much slower than years past but I believe I read where we are being much more selective this year in the commitments we take this early on.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Yup..I would put my money own Coach Saban is being more selective in who he allows a commitment & the recruits that has a true commitable offer..
It is much slower than years past but I believe I read where we are being much more selective this year in the commitments we take this early on.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I've read the same. IIRC, the comment I read was along the lines of "Coach Saban has made the assistants go back and review every player on the board an additional time."

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

I've read the same. IIRC, the comment I read was along the lines of "Coach Saban has made the assistants go back and review every player on the board an additional time."
With spring practice now in the books, I would think those reviews would be priority #1 in the next few weeks. fingers crossed...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

At The Opening, Robertson told ESPN he has a top two of Alabama and Stanford. Clearly, Alabama is not out of his recruitment.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

At The Opening, Robertson told ESPN he has a top two of Alabama and Stanford. Clearly, Alabama is not out of his recruitment.
Now that`s a surprise. Lots of UGA folks over here in Savannah think he`s in the bag. I hope it turns out to be as reported. Kid`s special.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

That is a little surprising GA is out of the picture for the time being and good to know we are right there. Stanford offers a first class education that his parents will really like and they have had recent success on the field. It is a long ways from the Atlantic to the Pacific so lets hope distance will be a big factor.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Yes, that is really surprising. When he de-committed from us, most thought that UGA was a shoe-in. I really hope we get him, he's a great athlete. RTR!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

That is a little surprising GA is out of the picture for the time being and good to know we are right there. Stanford offers a first class education that his parents will really like and they have had recent success on the field. It is a long ways from the Atlantic to the Pacific so lets hope distance will be a big factor.
As much as I love Bama ( two degrees worth of attendance!), I really couldn`t blame any kid for going to Stanford University.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

As much as I love Bama ( two degrees worth of attendance!), I really couldn`t blame any kid for going to Stanford University.
If he is really serious about academics, I would agree...........:cool2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.