ATH Demetris Robertson Updates (Former 'Bama Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Robertson will be in Tuscaloosa for his OV this Sunday. He was scheduled 2x this month to be in Alabama but canceled both dates due to scheduling conflicts. I think it's very encouraging that he made the trip to Ttown when it's all said and done. It's worth noting that his academics probably had a lot to do with the decision to come this weekend.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Really didn`t expect this this late in the game and with the current tone with his recruitment. We always have a chance, IMO, if we can get a kid on campus, especially with parents. To me that indicates more than just a courtesy visit.
Are his parents coming with him?:cool2:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
He also said he was not going to sign on NSD because he was waiting for his SAT scores so he could schedule a visit to Stanford--if his score is high enough. :conf2:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Hardly blame him.

Some kids have their own timetable -- and not ours, the schools' or ESPN's -- when it comes to their lives.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
IMO, Alabama should not hold a scholarship for anybody after NSD. That would set a dangerous precedent. The majority of the higher ranked players have been recruited for 3-4 years and have had plenty of time to decide what they want to do. I'm actually surprised that more of the high profile players don't hold out until after NSD just for extra attention.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
IMO, Alabama should not hold a scholarship for anybody after NSD. That would set a dangerous precedent. The majority of the higher ranked players have been recruited for 3-4 years and have had plenty of time to decide what they want to do. I'm actually surprised that more of the high profile players don't hold out until after NSD just for extra attention.
Agree and in the same breath respect the kid for taking his educational opportunities so seriously. Said in an earlier post that as much as I love UA (2 degrees worth), I`d never fault a kid for wanting to attend Stanford University.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Robertson will be in Tuscaloosa for his OV this Sunday. He was scheduled 2x this month to be in Alabama but canceled both dates due to scheduling conflicts. I think it's very encouraging that he made the trip to Ttown when it's all said and done. It's worth noting that his academics probably had a lot to do with the decision to come this weekend.
He is going to GA Tech on Sat and then driving over on Sunday to T-Town. While it is good we are getting a 1 day visit I think the 2 cancellations previously and the trending toward ND and going to Stanford after NSD makes this one a tough pull. I just don't see him in this class but hope I'm wrong.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
CF, I guess we disagree. This kid, a good kid who despite his ranking has kept his recruitment down low, is waiting on a test score so he can make an informed choice on one of the most important decisions of his life. If a school wants to move on, so be it. But don't expect a stampede through the door.

By the way, we waited for Cyrus. He had three or four years to choose, picked Auburn at the last second, then changed his mind. How did that work out for us?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
He also said he was not going to sign on NSD because he was waiting for his SAT scores so he could schedule a visit to Stanford--if his score is high enough. :conf2:
Unlike the West Georgia fambly agrarians who suffer perennial character crop failure, The Farm (Leland Stanford Junior University) has always had the right pH in the soil for academic integrity. Beats h*ll out of plopping down cow patties to manure one's field of dreams, dunnit? Don't blame the kid a'tall for the wait-and-see on his SAT.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
CF, I guess we disagree. This kid, a good kid who despite his ranking has kept his recruitment down low, is waiting on a test score so he can make an informed choice on one of the most important decisions of his life. If a school wants to move on, so be it. But don't expect a stampede through the door.

By the way, we waited for Cyrus. He had three or four years to choose, picked Auburn at the last second, then changed his mind. How did that work out for us?
Plus I'm sure contingencies are in place. Several of the kids committed have already been told their scholarships are potential greyshirts depending on how things fall on NSD. That's the nature of the beast when the NCAA enforces an 85 scholarship limit. The best way to combat this problem would be to lobby to get rid of the rule. More kids on scholarship, means more kids having a chance at a free education and a football career. It's a win for everyone.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
i agree. it's not like he's trying to prolong the process for attention. he's doing it because he's waiting to see about academics / admission, not press. i absolutely do not fault him for that.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Agree and in the same breath respect the kid for taking his educational opportunities so seriously. Said in an earlier post that as much as I love UA (2 degrees worth), I`d never fault a kid for wanting to attend Stanford University.
Totally agree. A degree from Stamford has a lot of cache. Don't blame the kid in the least for wanting to wait a few days to make a decision which will affect the next 3-4 years of his life. That being said, I'd love for him to come to Bama.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Totally agree. A degree from Stamford has a lot of cache. Don't blame the kid in the least for wanting to wait a few days to make a decision which will affect the next 3-4 years of his life. That being said, I'd love for him to come to Bama.
I don't think this kid knew his potential until he transferred schools and got hooked in with people who showed him how well-rounded he was. The Stanford and Notre Dame stuff is a direct result of that. Kid would be a beast at ND or Stanford.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Not to be negative, but good luck staying in Stanford, if you can barely get the SAT score to get in there. One of my good friends graduated from there, and he said in almost all classes, they give a certain percentage of the students certain grades, with about 20% in each class getting a D or F..... and he'll be going up again students that are as good in academics, as he is in football. Unless he wants to major in PE or something, which has no weight really in the business world....and he'll be spending most of his free minutes of the day with a tutor trying to make him survive academically.

Stanford is also known to have almost no good looking women, this is no joke. My buddy that went there, got pretty much straight A's, but he regrets going there because he said there were almost no good looking women.

I live in Cali in the meca of models and female hotties on the west side of Los Angeles, and saw a plethora of good looking, friendly ladies at the Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa two years ago. Not that good looking ladies are everything, but when you are 19 years old, it certainly counts.

He should certainly keep these two things in consideration.

And how many national championships has Stanford participated in lately?

Bama will most likely win a National Championship at least every other year or so, with or without him (at least in the Saban era!).... but just saying.

All those players in the Nation Championship are celebrities to millions of people now, just because of that one game.

RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

JPaikman

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 16, 2015
San Mateo, CA
Not to be negative, but good luck staying in Stanford, if you can barely get the SAT score to get in there. One of my good friends graduated from there, and he said in almost all classes, they give a certain percentage of the students certain grades, with about 20% in each class getting a D or F..... and he'll be going up again students that are as good in academics, as he is in football. Unless he wants to major in PE or something, which has no weight really in the business world....and he'll be spending most of his free minutes of the day with a tutor trying to make him survive academically.

Stanford is also known to have almost no good looking women, this is no joke. My buddy that went there, got pretty much straight A's, but he regrets going there because he said there were almost no good looking women.

I live in Cali in the meca of models and female hotties on the west side of Los Angeles, and saw a plethora of good looking, friendly ladies at the Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa two years ago. Not that good looking ladies are everything, but when you are 19 years old, it certainly counts.
Speaking as some who works there, you're not at Stanford to score in the frat house. It is perhaps the best collection of young motivated talent in the US.

Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

He should certainly keep these two things in consideration.

And how many national championships has Stanford participated in lately?

Bama will most likely win a National Championship at least every other year or so, with or without him (at least in the Saban era!).... but just saying.

All those players in the Nation Championship are celebrities to millions of people now, just because of that one game.

RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your first two paragraphs are a joke, right?

Getting a certain SAT score, and doing work in a classroom aren't an exact correlation. I didn't finish top ten in my class in high school in GPA, but was way ahead of everyone in both SAT and ACT. As a matter of fact, our valedictorian (who had a 4.0) wasn't within 6 points of me on the ACT and wouldn't take the SAT. Some people don't take standardized tests well.

As for Stanford having ugly women, you're out of your mind. There's not a college in the south, or California, that isn't teeming with beautiful girls. Though I highly doubt that's his priority as an elite athlete choosing a top academic school.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.