We are in the 3rd biggest stock bubble in US history

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The most important thing is did you buy in low and sellout high before it busted? There have been a lot of people who've made themselves millionaires from knowing when to hold'em, knowing when to fold'em, knowing when to walkaway and knowing when to you run. :biggrin2:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
On a related note: I have been thinking about investing in more markets recently. Right now, all of my retirement investments are in stocks and mutual funds. I used to own rental property but sold it about a year ago. Thinking about buying another property in the Fall.
Just curious where else you jokers are putting your money to insulate yourself a little from market crashes? Besides gold. And ammo.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
On a related note: I have been thinking about investing in more markets recently. Right now, all of my retirement investments are in stocks and mutual funds. I used to own rental property but sold it about a year ago. Thinking about buying another property in the Fall.
Just curious where else you jokers are putting your money to insulate yourself a little from market crashes? Besides gold. And ammo.
I have a large stock of home made alcohol.

I'll be tradin' for food, sex & medicine when the end times be a comin'.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I'm buying memories. They never lose value, and can't be repossessed.

Currently, my favorite memories involve midgets, meth, and a trailer park down around Tampa.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Rental Properties are where the people that I know with what I call "investing money" are putting their money. They are hedging themselves against market crashes and they are seeing an increase in middle to upper middle class families renting rather than owning.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Rental Properties are where the people that I know with what I call "investing money" are putting their money. They are hedging themselves against market crashes and they are seeing an increase in middle to upper middle class families renting rather than owning.
I'm with them. That's why I really want to get back into it this Fall. But, man, they can be such a pain to maintain.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
This genius bought some GoPro stock last week. It's dropped about 12% since I bought it.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
The most important thing is did you buy in low and sellout high before it busted? There have been a lot of people who've made themselves millionaires from knowing when to hold'em, knowing when to fold'em, knowing when to walkaway and knowing when to you run. :biggrin2:
I wish that I have bought LOTS more of DOW back when it was $8. I'm grateful for the small amount I did get, but coulda, shoulda, woulda.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
This genius bought some GoPro stock last week. It's dropped about 12% since I bought it.
You must be stupid if you bought a stock and it went down.
Listen to me. All my stock picks double in value in 6 months. Guaranteed. And you can buy my book about how to get my results.
Which, of course, the sales from my book would be microscopic compared to my actual gains if I could actually select stocks as well as I claim.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
But the beauty of it will be you'll still have people making money. Granted it won't be me but even in down markets there's always people who are sharp enough to somehow make money. I need to acquire some friends like this. :biggrin2:
prostitutes make money in down markets, maybe you could hang out with some of them ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.