Poll: Will Bama Win at Least 10 in a row over the vols??

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Will We Make it at least 10 in a row over ut?

• Total voters

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
We should win this year, so 8 in a row if so - but Jones looks to have ut moving back towards some prominence.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I say yes. The record is 11 straight under Bryant and for Tennessee it is 7 under fat Phil. CNS is 7-0 against them at Alabama and 9-1 against them overall. Tennessee hasn't lead the series since 1960.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
In that stevie gets so much attention for his outlandish perspectives on how things are, it's only fair we give him some credit for his semi coherent moments. He said today: "Arguably they (Alabama) have the greatest collection of football players ever assembled for a college team." That part is, arguably, very true. The vols will have to keep getting better with quantity and quality. 10 in a row puts us back in knoxville. So yes it will happen. The gators are going for 10 this year. Vils should go ahead and assume the position.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It's hard to say. I think we will win this year so that makes 8 but I think the series will be more competitive in the next few years cuz butch isn't a behind the times coach like fulmer when the streak started and until he is proven to be he isn't in over his head like Dooley. The real question is how Our team is the next three years.

I think we Atleast reach nine with the possibitly of a rematch n d sec championship the next two years . As for 10 the trip to neyland in 2016 is a big question mark for me because we will have to wait and see how both teams are trending and who is starting

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
It's hard to say. I think we will win this year so that makes 8 but I think the series will be more competitive in the next few years cuz butch isn't a behind the times coach like fulmer when the streak started and until he is proven to be he isn't in over his head like Dooley. The real question is how Our team is the next three years.

I think we Atleast reach nine with the possibitly of a rematch n d sec championship the next two years . As for 10 the trip to neyland in 2016 is a big question mark for me because we will have to wait and see how both teams are trending and who is starting
I also think Bama shouild be ok this year, and at home next, but 2016 and beyond may be dicey. I think Jones will have some success - but it would be great if we could turn him into another Bill Battle.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I also think Bama shouild be ok this year, and at home next, but 2016 and beyond may be dicey. I think Jones will have some success - but it would be great if we could turn him into another Bill Battle.
I'll say this jones will end one of the streaks will rivals this year between Florida and Georgia. It may sound like I'm giving him too much credit for having a depleted team against talented teams but he is a better coach,IMO, than richt and mushmouth and he is going to catch one this year looking ahead. If you need proof tell who was better in 2013 uga and usce or rocky slop, and then tell me why those games were like they were.
As for breaking our steak unless he has the most overlooked team in history the next two years then the streak isn't
in legit jeapordy but in 2016 is very uncertain due to jones developing a great class but I will say ut will be a contender for the east the next 4 years

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The talent in the pipeline for Bama and what Tennessee has (that will be on the field for the next three years) is still no where close to equal. Especially from a depth standpoint. I think we get to 10 in a row (possibly 11) before UT truly becomes a true threat to us.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The talent in the pipeline for Bama and what Tennessee has (that will be on the field for the next three years) is still no where close to equal. Especially from a depth standpoint. I think we get to 10 in a row (possibly 11) before UT truly becomes a true threat to us.
Neither is any team outside of lsu that has beaten us the last 4 years. A lot of people seem to think UT is down for good but truth be told they're not. Tennessee is going to get recruits no matter how bad they are if you need an example look at us in 05 under Shula. Let's take the next 3 years for example and for arguement sake, I'm not saying he wins the job, coker is our qb the next two years and we notch 9 on them then we have Blake Barnett or cornwell starting in Neyland giving butch two more years to recruit his type of players....
And what is the difference between coker starting his 1st TSO game at neyland compared to Barnett or whoever is. It's the fact we know Who surrounds him on offense and defense compared to 2016 and we know who Tennessee has too. I mean we can probably say Henry and Howard could be gone after next year depending on their success these next two years and who is next in line is a good question at this point. Also take in mind it took one recruiting class,08, to turn everything around for us. Can't you say that butch is capable of pulling a Hugh freeze recruiting class to close the gap in the next three years to come.
I say this year and next year we take it to 9 but 2016 and beyond we are going to find out how good butch jones is.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Neither is any team outside of lsu that has beaten us the last 4 years. A lot of people seem to think UT is down for good but truth be told they're not. Tennessee is going to get recruits no matter how bad they are if you need an example look at us in 05 under Shula. Let's take the next 3 years for example and for arguement sake, I'm not saying he wins the job, coker is our qb the next two years and we notch 9 on them then we have Blake Barnett or cornwell starting in Neyland giving butch two more years to recruit his type of players....
is.
I don't think anyone said UT is done for good. I just don't think they're as close to closing the gap and being a threat to us as you think.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't think anyone said UT is done for good. I just don't think they're as close to closing the gap and being a threat to us as you think.

My gut and homerism says we get to 10 maybe even to 12 but at the same time it seems like Tennessee as a whole is moving toward nixing these streaks with how butch and commits are talking and starting to take notice to them.
Also while we have had a serious talent edge on folks we have had problems with motivated teams like usce, a&m, and most recently auburn and Oklahoma . If talent and recruiting trumps motivation 100% of the time then only lsu can beat us. I think the verdict is still out on butch but you kinda get the feeling that he is trending up with a downed power while uga and uf are going the opposite ways with richt and muschamp not controlling the east with the talent they have.So I still think we have to wait and see on it.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Jones went 5-7 last season. I watched several of their games and though they showed a few signs of life against some decent teams . I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe they are on their way back to the top. We monkey stomped them last year and it could have been worse. A lot worse. I believe our talent is getting better. We're getting more players that are game changing type talent. So I put a lot of stock in that and our staff's ability to develop that talent. I don't think Tennessee staff is as good as ours and I don't see them recruiting on the same level as us. Doesn't mean they don't have have a chance. It just means that we should be the superior team for the near future.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Jones went 5-7 last season. I watched several of their games and though they showed a few signs of life against some decent teams . I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe they are on their way back to the top. We monkey stomped them last year and it could have been worse. A lot worse. I believe our talent is getting better. We're getting more players that are game changing type talent. So I put a lot of stock in that and our staff's ability to develop that talent. I don't think Tennessee staff is as good as ours and I don't see them recruiting on the same level as us. Doesn't mean they don't have have a chance. It just means that we should be the superior team for the near future.

They were a fumble through the endzone against georgia from being 6-6. And possibly being 7-6. I don't think Tennessee will ever be as good as us while CNS, but do you think they were equal to UGA or USCe last year.... I just think within the next 3 years we are going to have Atleast 1 competitive game with them. Heck we were a lot better than they were in 09 and they almost beat us because kiffin had them believing and 2011 under Dooley we were tied going into halftime .

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014

ut was / is a wreck, but I think ole BJ is changing that

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.