Link: Barnie's website hacked by media

Last edited:

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
They don't know what hacked means obviously. Basically the URL for a recruit's profile followed a pattern, which included the recruits name so some "media" people followed that pattern to bring up the page they had uploaded to their website. They claim they didn't publish it, which I guess they didn't "officially".

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
Auburn said that their website was hacked whenever Rashaan Evans announced he was going to Bama. I'm not so sure about that one. It took them that long to figure it out? Sounds like a bunch of cow manure....

What say you?

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/auburn_tells_ncaa_leaked_bio_o.html

Also check out their list of self reported violations. WOW!
21 reported violations is nothing - just the aub way of reporting jaywalking to distract the cops while the Bagman is heisting the Bank.

The aub non-compliance staff is a joke.
"Auburn's heavily-redacted documents do not contain identifiable information for athletes, prospects, coaches or its athletics department personnel. The school also redacted signatures, including those from athletics director Jay Jacobs."

21 reported violations is nothing - just the aub way of reporting jaywalking to distract the cops while the Bagman is heisting the Bank.

The aub non-compliance staff is a joke.
"Auburn's heavily-redacted documents do not contain identifiable information for athletes, prospects, coaches or its athletics department personnel. The school also redacted signatures, including those from athletics director Jay Jacobs."
No argument from me!!

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If the NCAA allows that excuse then I'll lose what speck of respect fro the NCAA I had left..All it boils down to is The Barners thought Evans was a sure thing, so much so, they let his pre-mature commitment to them get out a tad bit to soon, just fess up to it, and don't look like idiots with a bogus excuse like that..Man up Barners..Heck..Evans was a surprise get for us as well..We already had him penciled him in signing with The Barn..Just fess up to the mistake..And remember anything can & usually does happen on signing day..Especially with Coach Saban recruiting..

If the NCAA allows that excuse then I'll lose what speck of respect fro the NCAA I had left..All it boils down to is The Barners thought Evans was a sure thing, so much so, they let his pre-mature commitment to them get out a tad bit to soon, just fess up to it, and don't look like idiots with a bogus excuse like that..Man up Barners..Heck..Evans was a surprise get for us as well..We already had him penciled him in signing with The Barn..Just fess up to the mistake..And remember anything can & usually does happen on signing day..Especially with Coach Saban recruiting..
You hit the nail squarely on the head.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
OK. So I plugged all those self-reported dates into excel just to do a little calculation. And I guess another way to factually put it would be to say that Auburn committed a violation approximately every 8.25 days. On average, of course.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
OK. So I plugged all those self-reported dates into excel just to do a little calculation. And I guess another way to factually put it would be to say that Auburn committed a violation approximately every 8.25 days. On average, of course.
About as often as they bathe down there.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
Here Here C'mon and I'll buy you "a glass of water";);)

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
This has bugged me since it happened, with the excuses they gave. I work in the IT field so I have a little experience with this. Basically, the page was created, which I'm sure any school would do for a kid they think is going to commit to them just so they can publish when the announcement happens. All you have to do is publish it when the announcement is made instead of trying to create the page on the fly. So, with all that said, the page doesn't get a URL till it's published on the site. agbarn published the page because they thought he was a lock. Furthermore, what about the Youtube video they produced with his highlights and their logos, and uploaded. That video was embedded in the page they published and had to be put out on Youtube well before that morning so the bio page could be created.
I love how they painted with a broad brush and said "the media" found the URL instead of pointing at one specific news source so they couldn't be hit with a libel suit.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
This has bugged me since it happened, with the excuses they gave. I work in the IT field so I have a little experience with this. Basically, the page was created, which I'm sure any school would do for a kid they think is going to commit to them just so they can publish when the announcement happens. All you have to do is publish it when the announcement is made instead of trying to create the page on the fly. So, with all that said, the page doesn't get a URL till it's published on the site. agbarn published the page because they thought he was a lock. Furthermore, what about the Youtube video they produced with his highlights and their logos, and uploaded. That video was embedded in the page they published and had to be put out on Youtube well before that morning so the bio page could be created.
I love how they painted with a broad brush and said "the media" found the URL instead of pointing at one specific news source so they couldn't be hit with a libel suit.
Exactly. I think they were getting out in front of the announcement so that they could rub the BAMA Nation's collective nose in it by spamming the kid's page everywhere (forums, message boards, etc) immediately after he put on the au hat. Totally backfired on them...as always they are their own "worst enemy" it seems.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
"Media personnel were able to hack into the site and 'find' the code to pull up the bio," Auburn officials explained in a self-reported violation submitted to the NCAA in March.
"Hack"???

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.