Link: Golden Flake Sponsorship Of The Southeastern Conference Has Ended

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
It's all about $$. My guess is that another company outbid them for the 'official snack' rights. Isn't that what Pepsi did to Coca Cola at Alabama a while back?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I love those cause the heat doesn't overwhelm you..Unless you don't take a drink ever so often, cause if you don't, the heat sneaks up on you & boom your mouth is on fire..If you don't wash the spices down every few bites..LOL
Regular Golden Flake chips are edible, but these...

...are the bomb.

They make a nice, greasy mess to wipe on your blue jeans, too, and they go as well with a Peach Nehi or an RC as they do with Coke. :smile:

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
This is just not right! Golden Flake Chips are an institution in the south. In fact, last week while I was home I brought Golden Flake back with me to Ohio bc we don't have them here.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
If I remember correctly Bob Bockrath (sp) the AD at the time, did not renew stadium concession contract with Coke and went with Pepsi at BDS during the late 90's before they finally ran him off. He caught a lot of flack over that.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.