Link: Golden Flake Sponsorship Of The Southeastern Conference Has Ended

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Say it isn't so SEC & Golden Flake's..It just doesn't seem right that Golden Flakes will no longer be a major SEC Sponsor..I reckon we just take thing for granted & assume that the SEC & Golden Flakes would always be mutual business partners in SEC Football..I wonder if Lays will take their TV Sponsorship rights spot with SEC Football & all other sports as well..Lays & SEC just just sound right..LOL

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly..It just isn't right..The SEC & Golden Flakes partnership, has always been like peanut butter & jelly, and just has always gone hand n hand together over the years..

Wow! Say it isn't so!

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

Exactly..It just isn't right..The SEC & Golden Flakes partnership, has always been like peanut butter & jelly, and just has always gone hand n hand together over the years..
Talk about a bummer. That take me back to my childhood, and I'm sure it's the same way with everyone one here.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
When I saw them talking about it on ABC 33/40, I thought Mike Raita stated Golden Flake would still sponsor both Bama & The Barn, I'm not 100% sure if that's what he said..So please don't hold me to that if it's wrong..Cause I was flipping through the channels & caught the very last part of what he was saying..Being that Golden Flake is located in Alabama..I would think & hope they will still sponsor & be associated with both instate schools..

I wonder if they'll still sponsor Bama though.

Sent from my iPhone

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Now this.... I really don`t know what to say. Talk about memories of my childhood. Truly the end of an era.

I do hope they stay affiliated in some way with Bama. Not to seems...... well, "unamerican" and "sacreligious" come to mind.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I saw Charlie struggle many a Sunday trying to get that bag of Golden Flake potato chips open and poured out so they could much a little. Coach Bryant would grab one then take a swallow of ice cold Coca-Cola. Iconic.

Fact is, Lay's chips have always tasted better, though. :)

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Regular Golden Flake chips are edible, but these...

...are the bomb.

They make a nice, greasy mess to wipe on your blue jeans, too, and they go as well with a Peach Nehi or an RC as they do with Coke. :smile:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Regular Golden Flake chips are edible, but these...

...are the bomb.

They make a nice, greasy mess to wipe on your blue jeans, too, and they go as well with a Peach Nehi or an RC as they do with Coke. :smile:
Original barbecue, when you get that one chip covered in a layer of spicy dust, is like finding a dollar in the street as a kid.

When I saw them talking about it on ABC 33/40, I thought Mike Raita stated Golden Flake would still sponsor both Bama & The Barn, I'm not 100% sure if that's what he said..So please don't hold me to that if it's wrong..Cause I was flipping through the channels & caught the very last part of what he was saying..Being that Golden Flake is located in Alabama..I would think & hope they will still sponsor & be associated with both instate schools..
Reading the article it said on the website that both were still on the page. Golden Flake and Bama football just go hand in hand! I hope that's correct!

Sent from my iPhone

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
When I was a kid, I loved their salt and vinegar and dill pickle chips. Many a summer day was spent riding with dad as he hauled lumber shavings all over north Alabama and the highlight was always stopping at a store and getting a bag of those chips and a mello yellow.

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
When I was a kid, I loved their salt and vinegar and dill pickle chips. Many a summer day was spent riding with dad as he hauled lumber shavings all over north Alabama and the highlight was always stopping at a store and getting a bag of those chips and a mello yellow.
You must be a whipper snapper. I didn't think those came out until the late '90's. My favorite was the taco flavored tortilla chips.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
You must be a whipper snapper. I didn't think those came out until the late '90's. My favorite was the taco flavored tortilla chips.
Had to be at least the early 90s. But yes, I was born in '83. I still love the dill pickle chips but the salt & vinegar aren't quite the same for some reason. Those things were so sour they would lock your jaw down on the first bite.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.