Blog: latest Bama News 7/16/14

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

SEC Headlines 7-16-2014-mrsec

SEC Football

1. Release of dashcam video shows Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall’s citation for marijuana possession.
2. Was Auburn’s inadvertent (and inaccurate) release of Rashaan Evans’ biography on its website a “media hack”?
3. Setting the expectations at South Carolina. ‘It's time for Spurrier's Gamecocks to win now or risk sinking from annual contender status to the occasional wing of the division.’
4. David Climer on Spurrier and Carolina: ‘This could be the year.’ Ron Higgins: ‘They say when you become a senior citizen that you don't give a damn what you say.’
5. Spurrier on quarterback Dylan Thompson: “He's a five-year guy who's got one year to make his mark in college football.” But don’t expect him to be Connor Shaw.
6. Who is the best quarterback in the SEC?
7. Nine SEC teams made it to the BCS Championship Game in an eight-year run. Four had first-year starting quarterbacks.
8. Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott on losing at Auburn last season: “I still think that was my favorite games of the season and definitely the best place to play on the road last year.”
9. What would it take for Prescott to become a serious Heisman contender? About 40 touchdowns and 4,000 yards.
10. Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk has dropped some weight due to a viral infection.
11, Texas A&M cornerback Deshazor Everett on his unit’s performance: "To give up as many points as we did as a defense is embarrassing. We're definitely going to come out stronger this year."
12. Aggies coach Kevin Sumlin on the quarterback battle between Kenny Hill and Kyle Allen. “Kenny is a little more conservative…Kyle will take a shot at you.”
13, Athlon Sports spells out the player rules for making it through the media cattle drive. MrSEC’s Josh Ward joins the Athlon Podcast from Hoover.
14, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen on new Florida offensive coordinator Kurt Roper: “He's had success wherever he's been and I think he's going to do a great job at Florida with his offense.”
15, Jerry Hinnen of CBSSports.com: Is there a sadder program in the SEC right now than Tennessee?’
16, Tennessee coach Butch Jones: “I'm excited about our wide receiver position. It's going to be one that's going to be exceptionally strong.” Is linebacker A.J. Johnson the face of the Vols?
17. With sophomore defensive end Carl Lawson possibly out for the season, Auburn coaches are searching for his replacement.
18. Georgia coach Mark Richt on the Bulldogs’ defense: “I think, statistically, it will be very easy to do better than we did last year.”

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
kyallie- please explain to me why my post on Greg McElroy was considered a " teaser " title? Not sure I understand.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.