SEC Media Days Open Thread: Day Three

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Steve Shaw explaining the new rules now. Lot of emphasis on striking zone for hits on the QB, where the SEC has effectively implemented the NFL's Brady Rule.

Later up this morning will be an ESPN VP discussing the SEC Network and Gary Pinkel. Les Miles and Bret Bielema will be in the afternoon session, so that will be a lot of fun.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Steve Shaw explaining the new rules now. Lot of emphasis on striking zone for hits on the QB, where the SEC has effectively implemented the NFL's Brady Rule.

Later up this morning will be an ESPN VP discussing the SEC Network and Gary Pinkel. Les Miles and Bret Bielema will be in the afternoon session, so that will be a lot of fun.
Maybe there will be some news about discussions with Directv!

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Maybe he should discuss the 8 man officiating crew and the refs being out of position to make the calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now

As long as Les doesn't bring an interpreter, the entertainment value should be extremely high today.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Bill Hancock: "The Selection Committee will select the best four teams. Period. No strings attached."

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Les Miles, ladies & gentlemen

Les Miles: It's great to be back. Means summer's almost over. We're getting ready to get ready.—
Mike Szvetitz (@Szvetitz) July 16, 2014

Les Miles went to Austin campus over the summer. "I hated it. It was not beach, it was not sand."—
(@kbohls) July 16, 2014

Les Miles on his family vacation in Austin: "It was miserable. I hated it. It was great fun."—
Cecil Hurt (@CecilHurt) July 16, 2014

Miles asked by Austin paper's Kirk Bohls why hated time in Austin. "I loved it. But there's no beach, no hotel." #LSU—
Scott Rabalais (@RabalaisAdv) July 16, 2014

Miles: "We rented bikes and it just rained like hell. There's a lot of hills there. Some of the experiences we had I'll never have again."—
Steven Godfrey (@38Godfrey) July 16, 2014

Just heard Miles laughing as he left the stage. "I'm in trouble in Texas."—
Steven Godfrey (@38Godfrey) July 16, 2014

Miles on losing so many juniors to the NFL: we'd like to have those guys back. I've asked the NFL if we could draft some back.—
Robbie Andreu (@RobbieAndreu) July 16, 2014

Les: "Who's picked? I'm willing to bet not many picked Auburn a year ago. Our position is, 'Don't bother us. We don't care. Let us work.' "—
Pat Forde (@YahooForde) July 16, 2014

Miles says frosh RB Fournette "expects himself to be something special." Draws comparison to young MJordan. #LSU—
Jimmy Burch (@Jimmy_Burch) July 16, 2014

Miles on CFB Playoff: "I think it's a quality attempt…I think the playoffs at some point in time will expand." #SECMD14—
Sam Khan Jr. (@skhanjr) July 16, 2014

Miles on BCS to playoff: "The playoff will be equally kind to the SEC."—
Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) July 16, 2014

"We enjoy the style of people that come in there and are intimately involved with our team." — Les on LSU fans. Oh, the prose.—
Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) July 16, 2014

Les: "Houston is right down the street for us. It's a quality place to compete at and recruit to."—
Pat Forde (@YahooForde) July 16, 2014

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.