McElroy commentary on ESPN...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I love Greg and think he will be great at this over time but it was hard to watch some of the segments he was on. He just had some strange herky jerky motions and in one segment he was the only one that had notes and he was reading straight off them for several moments. Like others have said I think the LSU pick over BAMA was him trying to gain credibility from his peers by not looking like a homer.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
He was no different than Kevin Carter or Jesse Palmer , they tried hard when they started to pick against Florida to show they can be objective. GMac will be fine

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
The production people know what going to be said before it's said but maybe not how it is said. I think some of what he said was choreographed and likely a little bit of initiation of GMac.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Anyone else think Greg McElroy is trying too hard not to show any Bama bias in his job on television and radio? I know he is being professional and has just started- but I hope Greg will remember where he came from. I do not expect another homer like Danny Kannel but Greg seems to be going out of his way.

i like and respect him very much- just curious if any one else felt the same.
Greg has to be his own man and make his own way. I have no problem with him or anyone else giving their honest opinion. If someone is just stirring the pot like Tim Brando does that's a different story.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
been listening to him for 4 days now on Sirius XM and he definitely shows a bit of Bama bias but not all that much. I heard his thoughts on LSU but not from ESPN, just his morning show. He basically said that LSU will need contributions from about 15 freshman but he thinks by that time of the year they're no longer freshman. He also thought that after the season we'll all look at LSU's 2014 recruiting class as better than Alabama and potentially one of the best ever.

This all falls in line with my only issue with him is that every player is great, every coach is great, every team is making the playoff, everyone he's met this week is awesome, and every recruiting class is exceptional. Look i understand you can't burn bridges in the media and then possibly get shut out from future interviews but Mac literally has about 27 teams making the playoffs this year and those are the only 27 that were discussed.

i won't continue listening if he's here just to be the YES man...have a dang opinion on something Greg! I might not like Neuheisel (sp?) but at least he has an opinion

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I've got to say there's been no better time for a broadcaster to be a Bama homer. Picking against Bama is going against the odds.

But I can understand why he, or others, don't want the homer label.

To be a quarterback, you've got to have a high level of self confidence. Transitioning from player to commentator, it's easy to see why former quarterbacks can have strong opinions. The trick for Greg, is to offer his opinion without sounding like he thinks he knows it all.

I loved watching him play...I'm inclined to pull for him as a broadcaster, but it will take a while for his style to settle in so that he can be evaluated...will he be like another Cecil Hurt or another Tim Brando?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.