McElroy commentary on ESPN...

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Anyone else think Greg McElroy is trying too hard not to show any Bama bias in his job on television and radio? I know he is being professional and has just started- but I hope Greg will remember where he came from. I do not expect another homer like Danny Kannel but Greg seems to be going out of his way.

i like and respect him very much- just curious if any one else felt the same.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Anyone else think Greg McElroy is trying too hard not to show any Bama bias in his job on television and radio? I know he is being professional and has just started- but I hope Greg will remember where he came from. I do not expect another homer like Danny Kannel but Greg seems to be going out of his way.

i like and respect him very much- just curious if any one else felt the same.
I was thinking this also. He needs to realize his job isn't to necessarily treat Bama any different than other schools. I got a little miffed at him drooling all over Spurrier and his comments about Coach Saban. He needs to defend the man who coached his team to a BCS title, not some jealous rival.

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
I think he is probably trying hard right now to make sure he makes a strong first impression on folks that he isn't a Bama homer. I don't think he wants that reputation.

Regardless, I think he just got a little rattled during the segment. He picked Arky, A&M, and Ole Miss to beat LSU, but then picked LSU over Bama.

I'm not a fan of the pick but I suppose he's just doing his job!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think he is probably trying hard right now to make sure he makes a strong first impression on folks that he isn't a Bama homer. I don't think he wants that reputation.

Regardless, I think he just got a little rattled during the segment. He picked Arky, A&M, and Ole Miss to beat LSU, but then picked LSU over Bama.

Now that I know what he said I'd have to say, "Say what"? Still, I wish him the best in his new position. He's gotta do what he has to do to be the best he can be.

Tidefan1

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2013

So LSU is going to be bad enough to lose to Arkansas but they're going to beat Alabama? You would think someone who was a candidate for a Rhodes scholarship would use better logic than that...

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
So LSU is going to be bad enough to lose to Arkansas but they're going to beat Alabama? You would think someone who was a candidate for a Rhodes scholarship would use better logic than that...
If we have learned anything from watching football for even one year, it's that outcomes are not logical.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I like Greg M. but honestly I felt like he needs to step up his game a little. I now he is just getting started, but it wasn't just his picks, he seemed a little forced in an attempt to make a splash. And his picks were really not well thought out as others have commented. But then again he is probably already better than some of the others, especially on CBS.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Before I get upset with anyones picks all I have to do is remember where everyone picked the barn preseason last year. It don't make a hill of beans what anyone predicts of course its just entertainment. If its about college football I enjoy it! ;)

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Remember when we all laughed at Kirk Herbstreit for predicting that Auburn would win the SEC West in 2010?

As an anchor, you have to go out on a limb a little. It might have been that he didn't want to pick Alabama to go undefeated, so he naturally picked a game against an embittered rival. On the road. Probably at night. Both teams coming off a bye week. And maybe he thinks LSU will come off their bye week (and loss to Ole Miss) with a little bit of extra motivation.

I mean, it's not completely out there. Arkansas seems the longest shot. But, maybe he knows something we don't. We'll just have to wait and see.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.