Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

*** OG / C Brandon Kennedy Updates Commits to Alabama ***

Story here

Brandon Kennedy, one of the state's top offensive linemen, will announce his college decision on Friday at 10 a.m.

Kennedy told AL.com that he will be deciding between Alabama and Auburn. The decision comes after the Wetumpka offensive lineman spent two days in Tuscaloosa checking out Alabama's campus. While at Alabama, Kennedy got some questions answered.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: 2014 OL Brandon Kennedy Updates (Announcing Friday at 10 a.m.)

If he's in the CO2014, why is he deciding so late?
    ‘I can’t really say that you’re going to come in here and start. You’ve got to come here and be ready to compete because the best man plays.’ CNS

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisBamaDude View Post
    If he's in the CO2014, why is he deciding so late?
    He's 2015. I accidentally put 2014.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team

If he should come to us, and I hope he does, I would think that would do it for the `15 interior OL. That`s provided, naturally, that we hold on to everyone. Anybody disagree? Need an OT or two, though (?).

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    If he should come to us, and I hope he does, I would think that would do it for the `15 interior OL. That`s provided, naturally, that we hold on to everyone. Anybody disagree? Need an OT or two, though (?).
    I agree and actually thought we were done with interior. I am thinking we will want at least 2 OT's with none committed so far.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I've read some folks think Warmack might not be in this class. Not sure. Also, Cotton might not stay on the interior.
    Coach Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I've read some folks think Warmack might not be in this class. Not sure. Also, Cotton might not stay on the interior.
    I think Warmack is an interesting one because he's taking visits and not sounding as solid in interviews. Can't blame him for making sure we're the right spot. Cotton CAN play outside, but is probably better suited inside; I think his position on campus depends on if we can land Richmond, Ivey, or some other pure OT. Cotton is definitely a Barrett Jones type with good versatility, but interior is a more natural fit (I think one of his problems on the edge is length to reach the edge rusher). He and Petitbon would make a sick guard combo (much like the guys in the movie, The Replacements). Both are nasty, compact and violent with their initial "punch".

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    I think Warmack is an interesting one because he's taking visits and not sounding as solid in interviews. Can't blame him for making sure we're the right spot. Cotton CAN play outside, but is probably better suited inside; I think his position on campus depends on if we can land Richmond, Ivey, or some other pure OT. Cotton is definitely a Barrett Jones type with good versatility, but interior is a more natural fit (I think one of his problems on the edge is length to reach the edge rusher). He and Petitbon would make a sick guard combo (much like the guys in the movie, The Replacements). Both are nasty, compact and violent with their initial "punch".
    Hope I`m wrong, but I have the impression that we`re not much in it at all for Ivey. Don`t know about Richmond.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Hope I`m wrong, but I have the impression that we`re not much in it at all for Ivey. Don`t know about Richmond.
    There is a reason you don't know much about Richmond............
    He is best friends with my best friend's son in Memphis. He's not coming to Alabama.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    There is a reason you don't know much about Richmond............
    He is best friends with my best friend's son in Memphis. He's not coming to Alabama.
    For some reason I had that impression.

BamaNation All-American mikeua69's Avatar

Most people think he's picking Bama FWIW
    RTR

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mikeua69 View Post
    Most people think he's picking Bama FWIW
    That's the general consensus, though I think a lot of people are a bit hesitant to firmly make that call after Jalen Harris' seeming last-minute change of heart.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Coach Bryant