*** OG / C Brandon Kennedy Updates Commits to Alabama ***

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Story here

Brandon Kennedy, one of the state's top offensive linemen, will announce his college decision on Friday at 10 a.m.

Kennedy told AL.com that he will be deciding between Alabama and Auburn. The decision comes after the Wetumpka offensive lineman spent two days in Tuscaloosa checking out Alabama's campus. While at Alabama, Kennedy got some questions answered.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: 2014 OL Brandon Kennedy Updates (Announcing Friday at 10 a.m.)

If he should come to us, and I hope he does, I would think that would do it for the `15 interior OL. That`s provided, naturally, that we hold on to everyone. Anybody disagree? Need an OT or two, though (?).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

If he should come to us, and I hope he does, I would think that would do it for the `15 interior OL. That`s provided, naturally, that we hold on to everyone. Anybody disagree? Need an OT or two, though (?).
I agree and actually thought we were done with interior. I am thinking we will want at least 2 OT's with none committed so far.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I've read some folks think Warmack might not be in this class. Not sure. Also, Cotton might not stay on the interior.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I've read some folks think Warmack might not be in this class. Not sure. Also, Cotton might not stay on the interior.
I think Warmack is an interesting one because he's taking visits and not sounding as solid in interviews. Can't blame him for making sure we're the right spot. Cotton CAN play outside, but is probably better suited inside; I think his position on campus depends on if we can land Richmond, Ivey, or some other pure OT. Cotton is definitely a Barrett Jones type with good versatility, but interior is a more natural fit (I think one of his problems on the edge is length to reach the edge rusher). He and Petitbon would make a sick guard combo (much like the guys in the movie, The Replacements). Both are nasty, compact and violent with their initial "punch".

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I think Warmack is an interesting one because he's taking visits and not sounding as solid in interviews. Can't blame him for making sure we're the right spot. Cotton CAN play outside, but is probably better suited inside; I think his position on campus depends on if we can land Richmond, Ivey, or some other pure OT. Cotton is definitely a Barrett Jones type with good versatility, but interior is a more natural fit (I think one of his problems on the edge is length to reach the edge rusher). He and Petitbon would make a sick guard combo (much like the guys in the movie, The Replacements). Both are nasty, compact and violent with their initial "punch".
Hope I`m wrong, but I have the impression that we`re not much in it at all for Ivey. Don`t know about Richmond.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Hope I`m wrong, but I have the impression that we`re not much in it at all for Ivey. Don`t know about Richmond.
There is a reason you don't know much about Richmond............
He is best friends with my best friend's son in Memphis. He's not coming to Alabama. :(

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Most people think he's picking Bama FWIW
That's the general consensus, though I think a lot of people are a bit hesitant to firmly make that call after Jalen Harris' seeming last-minute change of heart.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.