Israel invades Gaza, ground war

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Well, we have a President who just likes to ignore the problems of the world. How's that working out?
Depends on the problem. In cases where national interests are involved, we should act. In cases where vital national interests are involved, we should act unilaterally, if necessary. I'm not sure either crisis this week meets those criteria. Yet.
The current knucklehead seems more interested in playing golf and refuses to let world crises interrupt his fundraising. The solution is simple: don't put a pampered unqualified incompetent moron in the White House. But the American people, in their infinite wisdom have selected that pampered incompetent moron, so now they'll have to suffer for this poor choice.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
No problem with selling. Selling with tax dollars we give them is really just giving them weapons. Then they do things which bring the US into disrepute. I'd rather save the money.
It is my contention that if the Israelis did not have the uncritical support of the US, they might actually have to come to some kind of agreement with the Palestinians.
Do you think there's an agreement under which the Palestinians can accept (peacefully) an Israeli state in addition to their own? If so, what do think it entails?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Do you think there's an agreement under which the Palestinians can accept (peacefully) an Israeli state in addition to their own? If so, what do think it entails?
Maybe we should just give the Palestinians some nukes like we did Israel. A little mutually assured self destruction might do them both some good.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Maybe we should just give the Palestinians some nukes like we did Israel. A little mutually assured self distraction might do them both some good.
Maybe so, but I think the Palestinians would actually fling their nukes at Israel. They do seem to be rather nihilistic.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I don't know, but, being neither an Israeli or a Palestinian, it's not my problem. I'm for letting their smart people figure it out.
I have seen first-hand how American military and economic support enables Israeli intransigence, however. I lived in Tiberias and drove through Jericho to Jerusalem once a week. The Israelis know that that American check is coming every week, no matter what they do, no matter how they (mis)behave, so why try to find a solution? The checks will keep coming in perpetuity.
I don't have any animus towards the Israelis. Nor do I for the Palestinians. I just want them to live (or fight and die) together as they see fit. But, without my tax dollars in any case.

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
The biggest allies to Hamas are the international press and the U.N.Btw,Hamas just blew off another cease fire attempt.The media will still find a way to blame Israel though.

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO
Part of the problem is that it only takes one crazy to one-up the rest and draw everybody into a bloodbath. When Hamas is the more reasonable of the parties involved, and more extremist groups are creating provocations at least partly with the intent of unsettling Hamas so that they might claim (local) power, it is hard to make things work. Israel's solution is to say to Hamas "ok, you're in control, so you're responsible for anything that happens." It makes perfect sense from the Israeli angle, but they also know full well that it is impossible for Hamas to control all the other groups. Of course, that's kind of their point.
Not entirely unlike my coworker, whose 5 year old has decided he doesn't like camp, and so has had some outbursts that she suspects may be intended to get himself kicked out of camp. If you don't have consequences, that's a problem, but it is awfully easy for the consequences to play right into their intent.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.