Remaining OT Prospects?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Any thoughts from those in the know (BET, maybe ?) as to most likely shots at `15 OT`s ? Ivey and Richardson at best long shots if not off the board (?).

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: OT Prospects

Richmond you mean?? The OT from Tennesse?

I think Ivey is the tougher pull, but I'd be surprised if we didn't get an elite OT; likely one of the two you mentioned.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Richmond you mean?? The OT from Tennesse?

I think Ivey is the tougher pull, but I'd be surprised if we didn't get an elite OT; likely one of the two you mentioned.
I meant Richmond, not Richardson (Duh!). A poster in the Brandon Kennedy thread, TidenGA, sounded pretty definitive in stating that Richmond would not be coming to us. One of those "knows somebody close" situations. If he`s right, and we don`t get Ivey, who`s left on the board as far as pure OT`s are concerned?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

I meant Richmond, not Richardson (Duh!). A poster in the Brandon Kennedy thread, TidenGA, sounded pretty definitive in stating that Richmond would not be coming to us. One of those "knows somebody close" situations. If he`s right, and we don`t get Ivey, who`s left on the board as far as pure OT`s are concerned?
Correction needed, TF: Nobody who takes a look at TidenGA's sig would ever consider using the pronoun he.

Last edited:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

as of right now, I doubt anyone knows for certain. I think both are tough pulls. I would be surprised if we got Ivey, but less surprised if we got Richmond. I also wouldn't be shocked if Richmond chose someone else.

After those two, I don't think there's a pecking order of realistic names as of yet.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Any thoughts from those in the know (BET, maybe ?) as to most likely shots at `15 OT`s ? Ivey and Richardson at best long shots if not off the board (?).
As of right now, it wouldn't be anything more than a semi-educated guess. I don't think either Ivey or Richmond will happen, and, although I do think that we will try to sign another tackle in this class, I don't think we really have any confirmed targets at this juncture. I believe we are mainly in evaluation mode at this point, looking to jump on someone a few months down the road.

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Petitbon is like Barrett Jones, maybe best on interior but good at tackle. Cotton has been working at tackle some this summer.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Just as an addendum to the above, probably continue to keep your eye on Drew Richmond out of Memphis. He's scheduled for a visit to Tuscaloosa in a couple of weeks, with a decision expected before the start of his senior season. Tennessee people feel confident, but we've got another crack at him. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I also wouldn't cross him off the board just yet.

Some people weren't certain the past few weeks that he would make it to Tuscaloosa, but now that his visit plans look pretty solid again, we're going to run it up the proverbial flag pole and see what happens. If that doesn't work, though, I expect that we will step back and re-evaluate things, as I discussed above.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.