*** CB / S Ronnie Harrison Updates Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 4)

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Re: CB / S Ronnie Harrison Updates

HUGE commitment!!! Welcome young man! Can't wait to see what you off and on the field at the Capstone!

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Roll Tide! Great addition to the class! He's definitely at a big position of need at S.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Big pick-up here, and Harrison is an absolute whale of a prospect at a need position. And the extra good news: He's planning to enroll in January, so he could make a serious run at meaningful playing time in 2015. He would essentially be in the same position that Hootie is in this year, just with a far less crowded depth chart to navigate.

Elephant in the room, of course, is Florida State. He doesn't have an offer from them now, but surely one has to be coming at some point, no? I know FSU is pretty loaded at safety, but the overall impression is that Harrison is just too good to pass over entirely, and the concern is that FSU may simply be slow-playing him now because they feel that they can nab him later if they want (which I imagine they probably will at some point). Hope he sticks, but this one isn't over just yet.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Big pick-up here, and Harrison is an absolute whale of a prospect at a need position. And the extra good news: He's planning to enroll in January, so he could make a serious run at meaningful playing time in 2015. He would essentially be in the same position that Hootie is in this year, just with a far less crowded depth chart to navigate.

Elephant in the room, of course, is Florida State. He doesn't have an offer from them now, but surely one has to be coming at some point, no? I know FSU is pretty loaded at safety, but the overall impression is that Harrison is just too good to pass over entirely, and the concern is that FSU may simply be slow-playing him now because they feel that they can nab him later if they want (which I imagine they probably will at some point). Hope he sticks, but this one isn't over just yet.
Read yesterday he was at two FSU camps this summer and chose not to workout. By not working out, he did not get a FSU offer.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

Read yesterday he was at two FSU camps this summer and chose not to workout. By not working out, he did not get a FSU offer.
That sounds good but this kid is in their back yard so I imagine they are going to offer before it is all said done. That being said he may want to get away from home and has no interest in FSU we shall see how it plays out.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

That sounds good but this kid is in their back yard so I imagine they are going to offer before it is all said done. That being said he may want to get away from home and has no interest in FSU we shall see how it plays out.
Could it be that he couldn't get on the Tallahassee PD's "Preferred Customer" list?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Kind of a back-and-forth row between the two. FSU didn't really realize what a prospect that Harrison was -- nor, in fairness, did much of anyone else -- and they wanted him to work out at their camp before giving him an offer. Harrison, though, had a minor injury, and felt that FSU should have been well aware of his ability given that he goes to Florida High, such that he should have been given an offer without having to work out. That moaning and groaning went on for a few weeks, and after some other camps, Harrison's stock blew up and we find ourselves here now.

What happens when there is an inevitable mending of the fences? We'll find out.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

That being said he may want to get away from home and has no interest in FSU we shall see how it plays out.
That may indeed be the case, but I haven't seen anything to indicate it just yet.

His mother and brother were very impressed with Alabama and approved of Tuscaloosa, but I do not believe this to be one of the "I need to get out" situations.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Is he a big FSU fan? Has his life long dream been to play for them? I haven`t seen that stated but I may have just missed it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.