*** CB / S Ronnie Harrison Updates Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 4)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: CB / S Ronnie Harrison Updates

Is he a big FSU fan? Has his life long dream been to play for them? I haven`t seen that stated but I may have just missed it.
I certainly haven't seen it, and I doubt it has been said either, because frankly why would you with no offer?

Again, we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out when this tit-for-tat dies down a bit.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: CB / S Ronnie Harrison Updates

Harrison was in Tuscaloosa this past weekend on an unofficial visit and took in a couple of practice sessions.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: *** CB / S Ronnie Harrison Updates Commits to Alabama ***

Looks like Harrison is opening up his recruitment, again. He was in Athens this weekend on an official visit, and he plans several more officials down the stretch. FSU still isn't a real player here -- for reasons I still don't understand -- but that's not stopping Harrison from looking around.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
Looks like Harrison is opening up his recruitment, again. He was in Athens this weekend on an official visit, and he plans several more officials down the stretch. FSU still isn't a real player here -- for reasons I still don't understand -- but that's not stopping Harrison from looking around.
So, regarding his signature in Sept, Alabama is bound to honor his scholarship, correct? He is not bound to it, though. With that knowledge, how can CNS legitimately recruit a player to fill his spot if necessary?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
So, regarding his signature in Sept, Alabama is bound to honor his scholarship, correct? He is not bound to it, though. With that knowledge, how can CNS legitimately recruit a player to fill his spot if necessary?
It's a tricky deal, but that's the basic situation now. The staff just has to be really certain, one way or the other, on what he is going to do.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Since Harrison signed the financial agreement, does he have to enroll in January? Or is the financial agreement exclusive to players that plan to enroll in January?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Since Harrison signed the financial agreement, does he have to enroll in January? Or is the financial agreement exclusive to players that plan to enroll in January?
The financial aid agreements only apply to early enrollees, so that is how schools can manage around the 25/85 if a kid signs the agreement but ultimately goes elsewhere. Problem, though, is that usually puts you behind the 8-ball trying to fill that spot with another player.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Something happen of late to cool him on us ?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Reports are Ronnie will be back in Athens this weekend.

Also, he ended his high school's playoff game with a game-winning punt return.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He signed his financial agreement. Link

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

He signed his financial agreement...
That's great, but still non-binding...

Hope he sticks because he is immensely talented, but I'm not going to count him in the fold until he enrolls in Tuscaloosa.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Hope he sticks because he is immensely talented, but I'm not going to count him in the fold until he enrolls in Tuscaloosa.
I`m beginning to be the same way, BET. Me hopes, however, Ronnie`s noticed what being with CNS and Bama has done for Ha Ha, Landon very soon, and others.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Pragmatism well-founded, BET. That said, is there any likelihood that a "new" commitment, such as somebody taking Charlot's spot (if it in fact comes open) would also be an early enrollee? Or have the early enrollees already declared themselves at the staff's behest - and no more from the '15 class will be invited to do so (enroll early)?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Being the optimist I am, I am going to count Ronnie. In 4 weeks we will know for sure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.