*** CB / S Ronnie Harrison Updates Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 4)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Interesting little tidbit here:

Cornerback / safety prospect Ronnie Harrison, a longtime UNC commit, is in Tuscaloosa right now on an unofficial visit. He has been committed to UNC for about a year now, but he's a Tallahassee kid, and his recruitment is really starting to take off.

Might want to keep your eyes on this one.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: CB / S Ronnie Harrison Updates

He was excited about one of the 2016 commits the other day on Twitter.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Harrison said the trip went well and will announce between Bama and UNC on July 29.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Coach Saban and Smart are really high on this kid, if past history indicates anything, they usually get who they want if they want them bad enough. for Harrison to take a unofficial visit while remaining a verbal to UNC for this long says a lot about the mutual interest of both parties.. many believe the commitment of Jamal Peters to Mississippi State recently is a every good sign that Bama is in it for Harrison.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

So he has been committed to UNC for a year, but after a visit to Tuscaloosa he is now going to have a "final" decision in eight days? I think it's pretty easy to see the writing on the wall here.

Real question is this: Regardless of what happens on July 29th, what happens when / if FSU really turns up the heat on this one?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

So he has been committed to UNC for a year, but after a visit to Tuscaloosa he is now going to have a "final" decision in eight days? I think it's pretty easy to see the writing on the wall here.

Real question is this: Regardless of what happens on July 29th, what happens when / if FSU really turns up the heat on this one?
Local kids from other powerhouse places are always tough. We've had difficulty with MS kids, but seem to get a good # of LA and GA kids. If memory serves, the last Tallahassee kid we got was Upchurch, so we have a little recent presence in his immediate area. For a DB, I think Saban can fend off Jimbo (especially since Pruitt is gone), but Jimbo would get the QB or WR in a heads up fight if all else was equal.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA

It's going to be tough for UNC to hold on to good recruits with the re-opening of the academic investigation and continuing rumors of further penalties.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Harrison is currently at the LSU camp this weekend, so far the word from most scouts on hand is that he is the top performer on the 1st day of camp. His coverage and athletic skills are elite, some saying Harrison is outperforming the higher rated Jamal Peters the recent Mississippi State who btw named Alabama as his leader right before his verbal commitment to state. Expect Harrison to move up on the rankings from the major recruiting services after this weekend. As far as LSU trying to move in position for his pledge, anything is possible, but as of right now fwiw, 17 scouts have predicted a flip from UNC to Alabama come July 29.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Decision for Harrison is coming tomorrow afternoon. The situation is pretty open at the moment, and oddly enough this looks like an Alabama v. LSU battle now. Harrison was in Baton Rouge a few days back, and a lot of LSU people (not just the homers, mind you) now feel reasonably confident about getting him.

At this point, though, my money is still on 'Bama. Harrison sees early playing time at Alabama at safety -- Collins, Williams, and Perry will be gone after this season -- and his mother was really impressed when she came to visit Tuscaloosa, plus it was our interest that really caused him to re-open his recruitment in the first place. Together, all three of those things are hard to bet against, though in fairness the only real surprise to me would be him sticking with North Carolina, which I don't expect. I tend to doubt he commits to LSU, but more unexpected things have certainly happened before.

All that said, make no mistake: Harrison is a top priority. Talked to some people over the weekend, and all unanimously raved about his camp performance in Tuscaloosa last month, and that was really the driving force on our end. He's a definite take on our end at this point.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014

I would think the issues at UNC would be enough to deter any top recruit from signing on

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Bone tweeting a decision will come before the expected 4:00 announcement. I'm not a paid Rivals member, so I cannot read what he's linking.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Hoping he rolls with the good guys, he will be a great addition with whomever he chooses.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.