Dad beats man who was molesting his son

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
"The Dad was acting like a dad. I don’t see anything we should charge the dad with,” Chitwood said.
Kudos to the way the situation was handled. The traumatized child at least knows who his father blames and that he is being defended. Hope it helps him to heal and move forward.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I don't know if I could have shown the restraint to stop before killing him. I commend the father for being able to. Had he went all the way on the sick pervert, (and IMHO, had every right to) he would have been thrown in jail. He may have beat the charges on a temp. insanity defense, but look at the legal fees he would have incurred. Now he's faced with trying to mend the emotional damage that his son will almost certainly suffer from.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
A father's job (one of them, anyway) is to protect his family. This father was doing exactly what he was supposed to do. Put the perp in jail and let all the other inmates know what he's "in for" :wink:.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
A father's job (one of them, anyway) is to protect his family. This father was doing exactly what he was supposed to do. Put the perp in jail and let all the other inmates know what he's "in for" :wink:.
I guarantee you that there is a lawyer talking to the child molester and moving forward with plans to sue the father. That's the current nature of that profession.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I remember that well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Plauche

. Although Plauche shot and killed Doucet, he was given five years probation for the shooting and received no jail time. The case received wide publicity due to the fact that many people questioned whether Plauche should be charged for murder or be let off. Plauche claims to believe to this day that he was in the right, and that those in a similar position would have done the same thing.[SUP][1]

Psychological reports helped Plauche's case after it was learned that Doucet had abused Jody Plauche months prior to the kidnapping. Dr. Edward P. Uzee examined Gary Plauche and determined that he could not tell the difference between right and wrong when he killed Doucet. A voice inside Plauche's head was telling him that he had to kill Doucet or he would continue to abuse and harm his son
[/SUP]

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I remember that well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Plauche

. Although Plauche shot and killed Doucet, he was given five years probation for the shooting and received no jail time. The case received wide publicity due to the fact that many people questioned whether Plauche should be charged for murder or be let off. Plauche claims to believe to this day that he was in the right, and that those in a similar position would have done the same thing.[SUP][1]

Psychological reports helped Plauche's case after it was learned that Doucet had abused Jody Plauche months prior to the kidnapping. Dr. Edward P. Uzee examined Gary Plauche and determined that he could not tell the difference between right and wrong when he killed Doucet. A voice inside Plauche's head was telling him that he had to kill Doucet or he would continue to abuse and harm his son
[/SUP]
To a certain degree, that voice was right. His son would be tormented with fear knowing that Doucet was alive and "could" possibly abuse him again. So, he did the only thing he knew he could do to silence both that voice and alleviate his son's fear. Double bonus. Son has a better chance of recovering and the state doesn't have to "rehabilitate" a pervert.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I guarantee you that there is a lawyer talking to the child molester and moving forward with plans to sue the father. That's the current nature of that profession.
Lawyer should get same punishment as the molester. Seriously. If you want to sue a man who protected his innocent child from a predator and even restrained himself in doing so... Saul Goodman has a higher moral standard.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This happened in Daytona Beach which is only 20 minutes north of where I live. The police chief in the story (Chief Chitwood) has done more to clean up that town than all the police chiefs before him put together. He has a guest spot on talk radio every Friday afternoon and I try to tune in as much as possible when he's on.

We need more common sense in law enforcement and I'm thankful for Chief Chitwood and all his work.

That dad is a hero for catching and stopping that pervert before he could do more harm to his son. As sad as it is that the son had been molested at least now something has been done to end it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I read the Wikipedia article about the man in the video I posted. It said he is known for the murder of the scumbag and a headline in a later section referred to him murdering the lowlife. I changed it to say that he killed him rather than murdered him.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Good for the Dad. It says this guy was abusing this poor boy since he was 8 :( and he lived right next door to them. I hope this guys gets his in prison.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
To a certain degree, that voice was right. His son would be tormented with fear knowing that Doucet was alive and "could" possibly abuse him again. So, he did the only thing he knew he could do to silence both that voice and alleviate his son's fear. Double bonus. Son has a better chance of recovering and the state doesn't have to "rehabilitate" a pervert.
Exactly...... Save the taxpayers and court/prison system's time on the case. A State paid funeral is cheaper than housing this sick individual..... Then there's always the chance of a bleeding heart juror that would let him off on the grounds of the "beyond reasonable doubt" argument. If more accused sicko's were treated in this manner, then maybe other "closet pervs" might think twice before they act on their sick fantasies......

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I'm not an expert, or even a rookie in the knowledge department, but I have it on good authority that the incarcerated do not take kindly to those who find themselves in the slammer on child molestation convictions.

I'm reminded of the story when Jerry Sandusky reported to serve some time, some of his new acquaintances were singing the line from Pink Floyd: "Hey, leave those kids alone."

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I love the 911 call!

the upset father told a dispatcher. “And I got him in a bloody puddle for you officer.”
Asked by the dispatcher if any weapons were involved, the father said “my foot and my fist.”
“I didn’t proceed to ask him any questions sir,” the father said. “He is nice and knocked out on the floor for you. I drug him out to the living room.”

Asked in the 9-1-1 call if the man was injured, the father told the dispatcher he believed Frolander needed help.
“Send an ambulance. He is going to need one,” the father said.

The dad is a Maysville kind of man!

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Lawyer should get same punishment as the molester. Seriously. If you want to sue a man who protected his innocent child from a predator and even restrained himself in doing so... Saul Goodman has a higher moral standard.
Saul will help to protect and launder the money of a major kingpin in the meth trade, but by God he's got his morals!!!!!

BETTER CALL SAUL!!!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.