Michelle O declares war on Chick-Fil-A - school lunches that is

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
There are plenty of pictures showing Michelle eating food as unhealthy and even more unhealthy than Chick-Fil-A. She's a poster child for liberal hipocrisy.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
There are plenty of pictures showing Michelle eating food as unhealthy and even more unhealthy than Chick-Fil-A. She's a poster child for liberal hipocrisy.
What makes her even more of a hypocrite is that she's actually a man.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I loved the articles title for her. "The First Lunchlady, " just classic. I appreciate the concern about the health of the children, but they take it way over the top. Just ridiculous

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Chick-fil-A is not the sole target. There's grocery stores too.

First, Michelle Obama seized control of your child’s school lunch and made it “healthy.” Now, the First Lady wants to change the way you buy groceries.

A new 80-page report from the U.S. Department of Agriculture explains that federal bureaucrats hope to use a variety of tools to modify the way Americans select food items at the supermarket.

The goal is to steer consumers toward fruits and vegetables – and away from sugar- and fat-laden items. The plan is in line with “Michelle Obama’s stated second term agenda to ‘impact the nature of food in grocery stores,’” reports FreeBeacon.com.

According to FreeBeacon.com, the federal busybodies want to provide food-stamp shoppers with “incentives” for making healthy food choices – such as discounts or free movie tickets – and even talking shopping carts that will notify them when they’ve selected enough healthy items.

The high-tech carts – which would cost every grocery store about $30,000 to provide – would be physically divided and color coded to help consumers select approved food items. It would also “have a system installed so that when the shopping cart reaches its healthy ‘threshold’ it would congratulate the customer,” FreeBeacon.com reports.

In case that’s not creepy enough, the feds want grocery store employees to serve as government “ambassadors” who can “redirect” food stampers toward healthy items by explaining the various incentive programs and nutritional information.

Michelle Obama and her minions also envision turning the grocery store into a “classroom” where shoppers can receive cooking tips and advice from dieticians – presumably ones employed by the federal government.

The feds also want stores to use better signage, lighting and product placement so customers can easily find the food their government thinks they should be eating. They also want stores to set aside more shelf space for the government-preferred products.

Heh. Good luck with that. Just another indicator Mrs. O is clueless about how free markets work. Of course, if the feds threaten to yank the "WE ACCEPT EBT AND SNAP" signs unless they comply, I could see them getting their way.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
An easy way to steer food stamp holders towards healthy food is to ban such things as soda, potato chips, cookies, candy, etc. from what you can buy with them.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
ALL Students need to refuse to enter the building until this policy changes. Parents can serve them Chick-Fil-A's while their kids are on strike! Start spreading the word on the Net…… Look what this does to those students with disabilities: no field trips. However, I'm sure G. S. will step to the plate to fund those trips.

I just don't think the School Administration will suspend all students if they ALL protest.

However, my family and I will be going to Chick-Fil-A even more. That's a Mid-Year Resolution or whatever.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
An easy way to steer food stamp holders towards healthy food is to ban such things as soda, potato chips, cookies, candy, etc. from what you can buy with them.
Yes, that would go a long way in improving the diets of many American families. That is if that were really the objective rather than control.
Go ahead Michelle, propose that, I dare you.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
It is no damn business of the govt what I or my family consume. We might as well abolish State and Local Government in favor of our Federal Big Brother.

BTW - IF you are active, calories and protein si bueno.

Barack O'rwell and family should stick to Oprah and talking Basketball.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
One of my other jobs besides being a principal is also food service director for our school system. The new food regulations have been nothing but problems. Students are not buying school lunches, they are bringing lunches from home. Our lunch count has dropped significant ally. Not a fan of Michelle or her husband.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.