If you Carry a weapon , what do you carry?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Just went on vacation in Florida and because of the difference in laws, I had to change my CCW weapon. I carry a Railed Taurus PT1911, and sometimes with shorts I pocket carry a Kahr CM40 . In Ga , if you are licensed to carry , it doesn't matter if it is open or concealed. In FL, it has to be concealed.. So I only carried the Kahr.
As for the Taurus, I used to carry a Springfield but was in a very serious car accident in March. I have very limited use of my right , dominant arm. The Taurus has an Ambi safety so I can use it left or right, plus the Springfield sold for more money. I did find that the Taurus is a fine weapon, and very accurate with straight 8 sights..
Before the Springfield, I disliked 1911 models. I never understood the fascination with them. They were big and too heavy to carry. After putting about 100 rounds through a buddies, I fell in love . John Brownings design is the perfect full sized pistol.
That is the what and why for me, so how about you.:biga:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I'm traveling now, so it's a Glock 27. When I'm home it's a Sig P238.

Both are pocket carried.
Same here away. Glock 22 stays at home. Once I got a Glock I have been sold on them. Everything in 40 caliber just made it simple for me.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Charter Arms Pink Lady revolver

I carry it in my purse sometimes, but mostly it is beside by bed waiting for an intruder. ;)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think I posted it in the thread I started a week or so ago, I ended up with a Kahr cm9, with a .22WLR backup derringer. However, I had the occasion this week to compare it with a buddy's Ruger LCP .380. His was noticeably more concealable. We're planning a trip out to CO late this summer, if we can get everything ironed out. There are basically three routes. I'm avoiding IL, because, despite my AL permit, it appears I would have to stop at the state line, unload and dismantle the weapon, and leave in a part of the vehicle where it would not be easily accessible to any occupant of the vehicle. That's from reading their public safety page. It's a felony otherwise...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Glock 22 for bedside. Glock 27 if needed outside. Mrs. Basket Case prefers revolvers, and has a S&W 686, .357, 4" barrel, full lug. Not real concealable, but she's pretty good with it.

We also have a 12 gauge Mossburg riot gun, marine stainless.

Capt Crimson

Jan 13, 2010
When traveling thru states I'm permitted for: I either carry a G19 with BigDot 24/7 sights in a Crossbreed Bellyband with 1 spare G17 mag or a G26 with BigDot 24/7 sights in an Apache ankle holster with 1 spare G19 mag in a leather pocket holster or sometimes I'll carry both if I feel it's needed. Plus I always have a pocket carry usually a Kel-Tec P380 in a DeSantis Pocket Holster or a S&W 638 Bodyguard in a Mika Pocket Holster. I always take a couple of extra holsters in my luggage just in case; a SmartCarry for the G26/S&W638 and a Milt Sparks Summer Special for the G19/G26. If my wife is traveling with me then she'll carry either her G26 or her S&W Shield 9MM and 1 spare mag in off body carry, purse, fanny pack, etc and/or our (I like to tot it in my briefcase) Kel-Tec PF-9 in a FlashBang bra holster. It all depends on how she dresses.

Traveling thru states that I should be permitted for (don't ask just figure it out): A S&W Shield 9MM with BigDot 24/7 sights in the Crossbreed Bellyband with 2 spare mags; A 3rd spare mag in a pocket holster and a Emerson Commander full size pocket folding knife in the other. Then I put the Kel-Tec P380 or the S&W 638 in the console.

At bedside at home: I use my G19 with a rail light placed in a wooden flip-lid box with 2 mags and a SureFire Defender Flashlight. My wife has the same setup on her side of the bed with her G19.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I have a S&W 9mm Shield for carry purposes and a S&W M&P 9mm for around the house. Yes. I am a S&W fan.

I a toying with the idea of getting a Spring Field XD in .45. Shot a friends the other day and liked the way it felt.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I don't carry anything right now. But I think I'm going to start. I must be surrounded by folks who are armed to the teeth. Who woulda thunk it?

I found seen some good info on this thread and others about what to carry. I appreciate that information.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't carry anything right now. But I think I'm going to start. I must be surrounded by folks who are armed to the teeth. Who woulda thunk it?

I found seen some good info on this thread and others about what to carry. I appreciate that information.
If you had read my OP in the thread I started on this the other day, I felt pressed into it. I've always had handguns around, but they've been "safe queens." No more. I resurrected an old shotgun and loaded with it with buckshot and have it leaning by my bed. I trust it over and above any handgun, particularly in dark or semi-dark conditions. I don't think my present state of vigilance is a permanent situation...

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I concealed carried a handgun back during the crack cocaine epidemic of the late 80's early 90's. It gave me a good deal of comfort. Wore it to work everyday.
I just don't feel I need it right now.

The Madison County Sheriff used to mail a card that you signed and mailed back with the $10 fee. Your renewed permit was mailed back to you. I let mine lapse and got a permit last year and found out they no longer mail out the card. I thought they told me they would email a reminder. Guess not. Looked at my permit the other day and it expired 3 months ago. Now I have to go through the whole thing again. Darn it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.