SEC Pre(diction) Season: Tennessee

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
The Vols are really short on talent. Jones looks good so far, but the cupboard was pretty bare.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think ut will play hard, but I can't see replacing the entire OL and winning much in the SEC. Bowl eligibility would be impressive.
I straddling that line with Tennessee: I could see year two improvement but they have a tough sledding until they end relatively easy schedule wise.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I straddling that line with Tennessee: I could see year two improvement but they have a tough sledding until they end relatively easy schedule wise.
Historically they have had a relatively easy schedule at the end of the season. Sweet winding up with the likes of UK and Vandy every year. One of the reasons they have never lost more than 7 games in a season.

In 1988 they started 0-6 against teams that would go a collective 52-18-1 on the season. I thought for sure they would wind up with 8 losses. Nope, they didn't even lose 7! Went 5-0 against teams that went a collective 22-33 on the season and finished at 5-6.

Last edited:

Action Jackson

Suspended
Jan 12, 2014
Tennessee & New York City
I think Tennessee will be better this year. Look at Butch Jones' second year at Cincinnati. Worley returns to man the QB position, and there are young guys who can play all over the place. One of the best WR corps in the conference. The defense will be much faster.

Utah State- W
Arkansas State- W
@ Oklahoma- L
@ Georgia- L
Florida- W
Chattanooga- W
@ Ole Miss- L
Alabama- L
@ South Carolina- L
Kentucky- W
Missouri- W
@ Vanderbilt- W

I'm going 7-5 with a berth in the Liberty Bowl.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.