SEC Pre(dicition) Season: Mississippi State

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I could easily see them losing to S Alabama and beating one either/both aTm and/or AU. State is just like that....they get up for games when they're underdogs, flop when favored, and which version will show up is a toss up in toss up games.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I think they will go at least 8-4 the two games I see as very likely losses are against us and LSU; if the play well at home they could be 9-3. I do not see them losing both the A&M game and the barn game at home. I think they get Ole Miss at home as well.
They are AT Ole Miss. I would have picked MSU if they were at home although there is probably less HFA at Ole Miss than any other in the SEC. Therefore, I really don't know why I picked MSU to lose there. As the OP said, "It's a toss up."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm going out on a limb but I'm saying 11-1 losing to us. They end the LSU streak, get aubie, and finally turn the corner as a credible team with their d line and qb

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well if you look at it their three hardest games are @LSU,@bama,and @ ole miss. Out of those three only bama looks more of a definite loss for them. Lsu has more question marks than people are willing to admit by losing most of their team including mett and their defense. Ole miss is a toss up. Auburn, moo state will beat them by their improved offense and their defense unless Marshall finally learns how to pass consistently.

I think they will be the surprise team in the SEC and at worst will be a 9-3 team.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Well if you look at it their three hardest games are @LSU,@bama,and @ ole miss. Out of those three only bama looks more of a definite loss for them. Lsu has more question marks than people are willing to admit by losing most of their team including mett and their defense. Ole miss is a toss up. Auburn, moo state will beat them by their improved offense and their defense unless Marshall finally learns how to pass consistently.

I think they will be the surprise team in the SEC and at worst will be a 9-3 team.
I understand where you are coming from based on the strength of their defensive line and QB play, but even so you are talking about them winning three-to-five games against teams that have more top talent and far more quality depth. That's just highly, highly unlikely.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I understand where you are coming from based on the strength of their defensive line and QB play, but even so you are talking about them winning three-to-five games against teams that have more top talent and far more quality depth. That's just highly, highly unlikely.
True. But mizzou did it last year so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility but I'll say 8 to 11 wins is probably what we are looking at.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
True. But mizzou did it last year so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility but I'll say 8 to 11 wins is probably what we are looking at.
Mizzou needed Georgia to be destroyed with injuries, Florida to be horrible because of injuries, and USCe to lose to Tennessee in order to win the West. For your scenario to happen, State will need at least three of Alabama, Auburn, LSU, A&M, and Ole Miss to have some serious issues.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Mizzou needed Georgia to be destroyed with injuries, Florida to be horrible because of injuries, and USCe to lose to Tennessee in order to win the West. For your scenario to happen, State will need at least three of Alabama, Auburn, LSU, A&M, and Ole Miss to have some serious issues.
Mizzou would've still won the UGA game with or without Gurley because Michael Sam was in the backfield all day long. On the flip side what if Franklin hadn't got hurt in the UGA game would the score in the USCe game be too out of hand for Conner shaw to make a difference

I'm by no means saying MSU will win the west but they will be a contender for due to their schedule, their defense particularly their line, and the status of the SEC west. Lsu is the biggest question mark top to bottom but they get bama,msu, and ole miss at home .aTm loses johnny, Evans, and joekyll and still has an unproven defense. Auburn has not had back to back 10 win seasons in like forever plus they are the hunted going on the road to ole miss, msu, UGA, and to bama. And ole miss has never lived up to expectations when hyped up. So with that said it is very possible that MSU is a top 3 team in the west

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I see Tate beating either the barn or LSU but not both. And it would be highly unlikely they have a five or even a four game winning streak before getting us.

What will be fun to watch is if they have great success and stay healthy enough to have one or two losses going into the Bama game, how the officiating or cheating will be to blame for their shortcomings. That's just how the Football Gods operate in Starkvegas.

Coach Bryant used to say act like you've been there before. Tate hasn't. I think their heads would explode.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.