Gov. Perry sending 1000 NG troops to border

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
It is about time. Watching the federal reaction will be interesting. They may not like the polling results if they stand in the way of this.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
In accordance with the "I won't do my job and I won't let you do my job either" policy, Obama will Federalize them and order them home.
Or will sue Texas, and Perry, claiming they don't have the right to interfere with federal policy.
Truthfully though, this is the most ineffective POTUS we've seen in centuries. "Leading from behind" doesn't do any good at all for this nation.
As to Gov. Perry's actions, good for him.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Or will sue Texas, and Perry, claiming they don't have the right to interfere with federal policy.
Truthfully though, this is the most ineffective POTUS we've seen in centuries. "Leading from behind" doesn't do any good at all for this nation.
As I've said in other threads, Jimmy Carter can now die peacefully knowing he's not the worst President ever. I think Obama and Bush are neck in neck depending on what we're looking at. I'd give Obama the nod, simply because he's an arrogant, uncaring....Bush at least seemed appreciative of the US servicemen and women.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Seems like I read an article today indicating that Perry sent a letter to the Obama administration informing them of his intentions and requesting that arrest authority (police powers) be granted to the Guardsmen. So, I'm not sure the Guard will be doing anything to invite a lawsuit. In the past as I understand it, they've been employed in administrative duties so more border guards can be policing the border.

I'll see if I can locate the article.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
They don't have arrest powers.
Agreed. Appending to my prior post, Perry apparently requested deployment of Guardsmen by the Obama administration about a month ago, and at that time requested they be given arrest powers. I assume he still thinks they need to be granted such powers, particularly since immigration enforcement would be involved.

Texas Governor Plans to Deploy 1,000 Guardsmen to Border

Perry announced last month that Texas would steer another $1.3 million each week to the Department of Public Safety to assist in border security through at least the end of the year. In a letter to Obama on June 20, Perry made several requests for help along the border, including 1,000 National Guard troops, additional helicopters and giving troops "arrest powers to support Border Patrol operations until sufficient Border Patrol resources can be hired, trained and deployed to the border."

It's not clear why Perry would need the Obama administration to authorize arrest powers and the governor's office has not offered details ahead of the announcement. Texas law simply states that the governor can "adopt rules and regulations governing enlistment, organization, administration" of the Texas State Guard.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Meanwhile, former Governor Blanco (D-LA) calls Perry and offers to turn over the National Guard to James Witt.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
I dont understand why state governors try to play by the rules when zero doesnt.
I have a better idea for texas: declare all illegals and people who assist illegals to be domestic enemies of texas, indefinitely detain them in the desert at a secret location, and when racist holder asks where they are being held, tell him it is a state secret and they cant divulge details. when holder sues, tell him the hard drives that had info on where they are located crashed so no one knows.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
In this case the National Guard won't slow down the influx of immigrant children. Unlike the Mexicans who can be sent back immediately, the Central American children actively seek out some one to take them into custody.

There are indications that the influx is slowing down.

http://www.ibtimes.com/flow-child-migrants-us-may-be-slowing-down-1634540

While June saw a daily average of 200 to 300 detentions, he said, that number dropped to 80 last Wednesday.
The U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agency launched a $1 million campaign earlier this month for billboards, radio and television spots, and even a pop song to discourage parents from sending their children up north to the United States.

The U.S. has also trained and funded an elite Honduran special police unit tasked with stopping children from migrating out of the country. Meanwhile, Mexico deported more than 10,000 Central American children in the first half of this year, and President Enrique Peña Nieto has vowed to step up security at the border with Guatemala.

RhodeIslandRed

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2005
Do we really think the national guard being deployed is about orphan immigrant children? Or do we think this is about combating the Mexican drug cartel? Didn't Arizona and Homeland Security deal with this a few years ago?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Typical republican- too little, too late in fighting against a disgrace of a potus.
Unlike that brilliant Democrat who is burying this country by doing absolutely nothing about it and spending his time fund raising for Democratic candidates while the world is laughing at him, because he's an idiot, imposing his will on how Americans will act, what they will drink, the insurance they will pay for, and any other act he can do to destroy the country.
The Republicans aren't perfect by any means, but they're a long way from the total D.A. this idiot is.
I'll go to my grave thinking his campaign was funded by Muslim terrorists.
I think their philosophy was, "We can't beat them flying planes into their buildings, we have to find the perfect political candidate, and we have to get him elected president, so he can use his power to destroy their economy".
I'll never be convinced otherwise.
Obama is a terrorist plot, and as long as people like you are supporting his idiotic butt, then guess what? It's working.
Tell me one thing that's better in America since that D.A. took office.
You are the perfect example of gullibility. People like you are going to be the end of America as we know it.
Congratulations. You're as stupid as he is.
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.