Titans (former LSU) QB Mettenberger punched by Bama fan

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Ya know, Bama fan or not, I'm not going to sit here and pretend to be appalled about a guy with Mett's history of getting drunk and losing his composure getting punched in a bar. Guys get punched (or worse) in bars every night, without knowing more details, I'm not going to be pretend to be embarrassed by our Bama brethren or make apologies for it. Sorry.
Thanks. I've been in one too many bar fights to get self-righteous about this one. If you get drunk and talk smack in a bar - and I don't believe for a second that Mett was just being a quiet little angel - then you take your chances. Shoot, at the dives I used to frequent you took your chances by just walking in.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
The radio stations up here have been saying the guy that said roll tide to him had a friend that sucker punched Mettenberger. They were very adamant about him being an Alabama fan.

Also this week another guy in Atlanta who was obviously an Alabama fan left his baby in the car to die. Not a good week for some of our brethren.
Well, I'm convinced then. There would never be speculation on a radio talk show. ;)

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Um yeah, if I ever wanted to rob a bank I'd just wear a barn shirt and the media would still have the public on the lookout for an aubie.
If you successfully robbed the bank without shooting yourself or leaving your fingerprints on a discarded Skoal can in the bank, they'd know that you were an imposter. :biggrin:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I wouldn't be quick to believe the bar owner either, he mentioned Mett and Lewan are regulars there and what better way to keep the bar full than to announce that? He keeps the two "stars" happy and they keep coming back and the fan boys and girls will continue to keep dishing out cash at his joint.

I seriously doubt some "Bama fan" just punched him for the fun of it and/or no reason.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.