Titans (former LSU) QB Mettenberger punched by Bama fan

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
As you can imagine, Clay Travis had a field day with this in the radio. He had some guy he made sound like a Bama fan call and the fan sounded like a idiot/drunk/fan.

Funny thing is the "fan" said he was a Tennessee fan and then switched to being a Bama. It made me wonder if it was staged. Even though there are some really bad Alabama.
First thing in the car after work yesterday over here in Savannah, guy by the name of Seth Harp leads off with the story. Harp spent time in Alabama at a Huntsville radio station and takes every opportunity to bang on Bama fans. I`ll be fascinated to hear if he brings up the latest problems at UGA and A&M.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
One word...Alcohol. 95% of the embarrassing or stupid things I've done in my life can mainly be attributed to alcohol. The other 5% is because of youth and just doing something stupid. Finally I learned to just leave alcohol alone or just occasionally and closely limited. Yes, life may be somewhat duller, but at least I don't have to explain or hang my head in shame.

Roll Tide! 40 DAYS!

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Well..It's better than a "Teabagging"..Sorry Mods I couldn't resist that..LOL..Might as well try to laugh off how bad bad College Football fans have become & not just Bama Fans..College Football Fans in general..
Totally agree. I caught myself getting too wound up in Bama football and put a halt to it. I'm hoping others who are that way with their respective programs go back to realizing it's a game and quit beating others over the head with their team. Our self-worth should never be tied to our favorite program.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Mettenberger was beat up pretty bad by the Bama defense in last year's game. If I remember correctly he could barely move towards the end of the 4th quarter. Now he gets punched by a Bama fan. Dude can't catch a break.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Not at all surprised.
Give a bunch of idiots in a bar time enough to get the drunk, and sooner or later at least one of them is going to have to show the rest just how big an arse he can really be.
Sports fans are no exception, and no school or team is immune from having it's fair share.

BamaBuff24

1st Team
May 2, 2000
FWB, FL USA
Just like Updyke and the L.A. Dodgers fans beating up the S.F. fan. These folks are just purely thugs not TRUE football or sports fans. That is why I was disappointed with ESPNs 30-30 on the rivalry. They could of done a better job besides showing Harvey Updyke.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Considering that Mett's best O lineman played at Bama. Next time someone says Roll Tide to him, Mett should just say, "I love Chance Warmack!" Instead of, "Yea, good luck with that."

I still have a feeling that there might be more to this story than what is being told, especially considering Mett's history and the history of LSU QBs in bar fights!

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Yeah, don't be presumptive on "the guy's buddy"'s allegiance - could've been a disgruntled (or just plain gruntled) Towson State supporter. Or David Lipscomb theology student throwing a righteous uppercut...
I was simply pointing out the lack of any statement in the story that says that the guy was a Bama fan. You and everyone here are free to presume whatever you wish. I'm not sure that the title of the thread should be based on nothing more than presumption, however.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I was simply pointing out the lack of any statement in the story that says that the guy was a Bama fan. You and everyone here are free to presume whatever you wish. I'm not sure that the title of the thread should be based on nothing more than presumption, however.
The radio stations up here have been saying the guy that said roll tide to him had a friend that sucker punched Mettenberger. They were very adamant about him being an Alabama fan.

Also this week another guy in Atlanta who was obviously an Alabama fan left his baby in the car to die. Not a good week for some of our brethren.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I know people want to try to find a way to make this is some sort of setup, but seriously - we have some truly stupid fans out there. Occam's razor leads me to believe this was a Bama fan. If not, great, but it's not like something similarly embarrassing won't happen this year. Since CNS has arrived and Bama has been successful again, the real crazies have come out of the woodwork...

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
It's a shame that every team has a few idiots that cause a black eye on their team. Pro, college, high school, jr. High and pee wee sports every team has them. What a shame.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
There is really very liitle evidence so make anyone believe this guy is an Alabama fan, plus the one who allegedly punched Zach was just with the guy who supposedly said "Roll Tide"

This story sounds like a fabricated crock imo

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Ya know, Bama fan or not, I'm not going to sit here and pretend to be appalled about a guy with Mett's history of getting drunk and losing his composure getting punched in a bar. Guys get punched (or worse) in bars every night, without knowing more details, I'm not going to be pretend to be embarrassed by our Bama brethren or make apologies for it. Sorry.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
Without knowing the details I'm not going to jump to conclusions. The guy that said roll tide may have been an alabama fan, but don't assume that his buddy was. I used to go to bars with buddy's that weren't bama fans. Nowhere in the article did it say the guy that punched him was a bama fan.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.