J. Winston at ACC Media Days

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I remember him being on the Opening Drive when he was in high school his Sr. year. That kid was very polite and humble. What happened?

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Based on his comments, he hasn't learned a damned thing, other than that he is ALL THAT.

Also, apparently Jimbo Fisher touted the conference's academic credentials. I wonder if any of the reporters brought up North Carolina. ;)
Why would he have learned anything except that in America fame and money are valued much more than doing the right thing? If he had served jail time or been suspended, perhaps he would have learned about having repercussions for making bad choices. I blame him for making his poor choices, but I blame all of the adults around him for not teaching him any lessons.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
“I’ve matured enough to understand what it really takes to be a leader,” said Winston, who entered a pretrial diversion program after the Publix incident and completed 20 hours of community service. “When you’re out there and the spotlight is on you, you have to be very careful with everything you do, and I feel like I’m doing a better job doing that.”

He was asked if what he went through changed the way he looks at the media and law enforcement.

“Definitely not, because I fixed everything,” he said. “I was cleared and, I mean, I’ve got to hold myself to a certain standard. … I have teammates that are counting on me. Accountability is something that’s very important to me.”

He said he learned that “everyone is always going to be watching you, and you have to do the right thing.”

“Do you understand why people might be hesitant to believe you?” Winston was asked.

“I definitely understand that because of the perspective, but I know the type of person I am, and I know I have support from my teammates and that I was raised by a great family. That’s the least of my worries what people think.”

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Jimbo Fisher has no integrity at all. Makes every excuse for his"star" who has helped secure his financial future. It is time for someone in the media to call him out on Winston. It is the culture of that university. Bobby Bowden was no different.

Winston is easily the most annoying athlete I have ever heard speak. Not one oz. of class or integrity. People from Hueytown who have defended him- please do not waste my time. I can only hope that Bama does it's part and has an opportunity to bring him down- would really be great to see.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I hate when auburn makes it to the ship because they seem to play teams that I can't pull for to beat them. I know a lot of you pulled for Oregon in 2010, but most of you hadn't had to live with the Oregon crowd and anti SEC crowd I have the last 6 years.

But for Winston, I think he knows that FSU would go to the ends of the earth to defend him and cover anything up to have tallahasse relevant to college football again. Because Florida won't be down forever and 3 years of glory with TO jr is worth it for them.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I hate when auburn makes it to the ship because they seem to play teams that I can't pull for to beat them. I know a lot of you pulled for Oregon in 2010, but most of you hadn't had to live with the Oregon crowd and anti SEC crowd I have the last 6 years.

But for Winston, I think he knows that FSU would go to the ends of the earth to defend him and cover anything up to have tallahasse relevant to college football again. Because Florida won't be down forever and 3 years of glory with TO jr is worth it for them.
What is so bad about the Oregon fan base?? Just curious. I'm so happy Winston didn't come to Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What is so bad about the Oregon fan base?? Just curious. I'm so happy Winston didn't come to Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well it's kinda like the lsu fanbase and the Boise cult mixed together thinking football started in the 2000s and they don't believe in the fact oregon has ever had a bad team. And they always play the Chael sonnen "champ without the belt " card.
It gets very bad when USC and other PAC12 fanbases start empowering convincing them that they are world beaters. Just take 2011, for example. they thought after getting whipped by LSU and before losing to USC they had better claim than alabama and would beat LSU by multiple touchdowns in Nola.
I guess the only real way to know what I'm talking about is go to Oregon or encounter a serious band wagon fan and try to talk football. Plus if they had won that game against auburn the media would have not stopped talking about how offense wins championships and how great Oregon is. I think chizik being a mediocre coach has made people forget about that game like Larry Cokers championship.

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I am so glad FSU is not in the SEC now. The SEC does not need another school with no regard for anything, but winning. 1 Auburn is enough for any conference.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.